Alaska residency no license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildlydogs

Reaction score
Hi yall! I want to begin a residency in Alaska for IHS but I don't have a license. I graduated in 2010 and got sick, so I've been out of the loop since 2016. What are my best options? I can't afford to get a license without working.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you saying you have been unlicensed since 2016? You will need to seek licensure before doing anything. Even though most new grads also don't have a license, they are immediately eligible for licensure in all 50 states. The IHS advantage of not requiring a specific state's license may not apply to you as you probably will have to renew your last license (probably by taking the NAPLEX) before doing anything.

I'm sorry you got sick, but you are going to have to find a way to renew your license if you want to start working again.

I am also going to be really honest. IHS residencies are often competitive in my understanding. I can't imagine you being a successful candidate in the match with 7 years out of be profession let alone something specific like IHS.

Reactions: 1 users
some tough love - its going to be VERY hard for a 2010 grad to get a residency - let alone someone who hasn't worked in 7 years. Your best bet it to get your license ASAP and apply in someplace very undeserved.