Albert Einstein vs. Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doozenberg

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did a search of the forums, but couldn't find any comparisons between these two schools.

So, where would you rather go and why?

AE pros: cheap housing, NYC somewhat accessible, strong clinical training, students 'seem' happy
AE cons: the dreariness of the Bronx, general public (at least here in CA) has not heard of AE

BU pros: it's in Boston, strong clinical training, general public has heard of BU
BU cons: high cost of living, some students 'seem' disgruntled

Help me out guys.

Members don't see this ad.

both are decent schools. AE Is in the BX yes but its not in the hood so dont worry. its also very jewish. yeshiva etc. its highly rated, good research etc. the students are about as ok as any med student would be. yes manhattan is readily accessible and it is the greatest city in the world but how much time are u honestly gonna have to go get crunk.

BU is aight, good urban med experience. the students i met were pretty nice they actually did fun things. housing is more pricey yea. even though i love nyc to death, i'd pick BU over AE anyday.

look at the schools for their curriculum, research, what u wanna do. make ur decision basew don that. not the people. people are going to suck no matter where u go, but u will find ur niche.

Go with BU if you care about location.

students at AECOM are extremely passionate about both their school and medicine in general. i think it's a great environment. plus, NYC is just the greatest, even if the bronx isn't the most exciting location.