Albert Einstein??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wena17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Albert Einstein and I've been reading a lot of negative feedback about the program on these forums. Are there any residents or medical students who can comment about their experience there?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I went there and it was the worst three years of my life. I was constantly harassed and threatened by the attendings. They have kicked multiple people out of the program in the last several years. Many have voluntarily left and many of them would like to but can't. I got a bad vibe when I interviewed there, but it was the only place I got in so I went (that was a common scenario amongst residents.) That was the worse decision I ever made. Most residents I knew were unhappy but scared to speak up. I am sure a bunch of residents will respond to this and tell you that they know who I am and am bitter and to not listen to me, etc. You bet I am bitter. Those people made my life miserable (not the residents.) I assure you it is a terrible place to work. Sorry I can't tell you anything positive. If I could do it all again, I would have not matched and then found somewhere afterwards. I know lots of people that did this. Yes it is true that you get out of there being a competent anesthesiologist, etc. But you can get that training anywhere. And at other places you may even get some respect and not be treated poorly.

Don't know about the anesthesia side of things... but I still remember my interview there for med school.

My day started at 8am, the interview time given to me erroneously, because the day actually started at 9am. That's an hour I spent freezing in my interview suit in January in NY. Then there was the tour guide, Lex, who wore a white wifebeater (still January) with a giant "P=MD" written on it in Sharpie. Said going to class was only for the losers, and that he was nearing academic probation but they couldn't get anyone else to give the tours.

I have a friend from med school who's now an intern there-- and getting killed. Consistently over 100-hr weeks, frequently changing call schedules, and all-around misery.

But hopefully their anesthesia program is very different.

Members don't see this ad :)
I rotated there as a med student. Prior I had heard how malignant the program was and how unhappy the residents were. So I was expecting the worst, but I actually liked the rotation. The residents worked long hours and there is a air of unhappiness by some of the residents I think mainly the older ones, but they still all say they feel prepared. Theres a new PD, and the hospital has a good reputation in New York and when I was at Temple they were bragging about a guy they just got from Monti which I think says something. Its not a cush residency but its probably not the worst. Thats just my opinion as med student, those that did residency there now prob alot more than me.

Bump, can anyone please share more about this program? The residents didn't seem happy and the chairman position is in flux. Seems like am unstable program with long hours. I hear that you get good training, the hospital has a lot of volume and name recognition for whatever that's worth.

I might end up here so I'd really appreciate some info on this program.

Thanks

Keep it simple for yourself; if you've heard negative things about the program on a consistent basis, then chances are that the comments are true. Stay away from the malignant programs regardless of their name. You don't want to be miserable for three years of your life. There is no need for putting up with that crap. Plain and simple, dude.

Keep it simple for yourself; if you've heard negative things about the program on a consistent basis, then chances are that the comments are true. Stay away from the malignant programs regardless of their name. You don't want to be miserable for three years of your life. There is no need for putting up with that crap. Plain and simple, dude.

I agree with happyabe. There a reason for all the talk! I have friends who completed their residency here and they were ALL extremely unhappy. I decided to apply anyway and when I interviewed there I got a negative vibe. Definitely malignant. Ultimately, I decided not to rank them at all.