All time low? West Coast University advertises on the radio to get applicants.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steveysmith54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was driving home, heard an advertisement on a very popular radio station asking listeners if they want to study to become a doctor of pharmacy at West Coast University. The advertisement had a disclaimer that employment is NOT guaranteed. I'd say that has to be considered one of the all time low moments for the profession.

Maybe as low as WCU CPJE passing rate:
CPJE Pass Rates – California School of Pharmacy by Percent: 46.2%

NAPLEX Pass Rates – California School of Pharmacy by Percent: 71.8%

Source: https://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/publications/0421_0921_stats.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Was they playing this in the background for the ad?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
WCU aka my favorite University of Random Office Building Overlooking The 5 Freeway

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't looked at CPJE pass rates in a minute, but damn, your chances are better going to a non-CA program and self-studying rather than being a student in these new programs

Reactions: 1 users
I remember hearing radio commercials for some pharmacy tech school.

Reactions: 1 users
yup, sounded no different than tech school advertisement, or those trade schools advertisements you used to see on TV during the day time.

I want one in monster truck commercial voice.

“SUNDAY Sunday SUNDAY COME ON DOWN TO THE 5 & BALL ROAD OFFRAMP FOR SOME MAJOR PHARMACY SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE ACTION ACTION ACTION!! LEARN TO SLING DRUGS AND MAKE SIX FIGURES. MAKE YOUR MOMMA PRRRRRROUND COME ON DOWN TO WEST COAST UNIVERSITY BALL ROAD AND THE 5 BEHIND THE TRASHY MCDONALD’S FILLED WITH CRYING KIDS AND THE OLD IMMIGRATION SERVICES BUILDING. TACO TRUCK EVERY WEEK!”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users