All4mydaughter's Tragedy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry for your loss.:cry:

Members don't see this ad.

Sarah,
I am so sorry for your family's loss...You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Members don't see this ad :)
You all will probably see the announcement at the top of the forums...but here's a link just in case.

SDN will be accepting donations in memory of Riley and Claudia; nice way to reach out from the entire "SDN family".

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/announcement.php?f=130

I donated through SDN. Thanks Spiriva, I meant to post a link where donations can be sent. You could donate to SDN, and it will go to the families.

That's very helpful. Thanks.

...However, I cannot access the link.

My heart bleeds for thee...

Keep your faith in Him above...and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. :(

zoomie

I can't open this link - it says I need "permission". Help, please? I would like to contribute.

zoomie

Hmmm...not sure why the link isn't working.

Perhaps an easier way to access the announcement is to just go to the front of the Pharmacy forums (SDN Forums > Pharmacy Forums [PharmD]). Then at the top in black next to the megaphone, it says "Announcement: In memory of Riley and Claudia". Click that...

Here is banana's post:

As many of you are aware, one of our longtime staff members Sarah (All4MyDaughter) lost her daughter late last week. Sarah's daughter Riley and Riley's cousin Claudia passed away after being struck by a car on the way home from swimming lessons. Claudia's mother was also hit but her physical injuries were less serious. The car's driver was fleeing from the police and the girls just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Please keep Sarah and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Many members of the SDN community have expressed interest in doing something for Sarah and her family. There is already a memorial fund open to help with expenses, but people seem to want to be able to indicate that their donation is made as a gesture of support from the SDN community. We will be establishing a SDN coordinated fund to be used in memory of the girls. Part of the money will be used towards a long term memorial. The remainder will be donated to the existing Claudia and Riley fund on behalf of the SDN community to help defray the funeral and burial costs.

There are two ways that you can contribute to the group gift:

1)Donate to SDN. SDN has pledged the proceeds from all SDN subscriptions received during the next month to be directed to the SDN memorial fund. For details on subscriptions please scroll down 2 announcements.

2) Send a check directly to SDN to be directed to the fund. For the time being, please make checks out to "Coastal Research Group" (SDN's parent organization) and place a note on the check which indicates that it is to be used for the memorial fund. Checks can be mailed to :
Student Doctor Network
PO Box 1160
Sunset Beach, CA 90742

Hmmm...not sure why the link isn't working.

Perhaps an easier way to access the announcement is to just go to the front of the Pharmacy forums (SDN Forums > Pharmacy Forums [PharmD]). Then at the top in black next to the megaphone, it says "Announcement: In memory of Riley and Claudia". Click that...

Here is banana's post:

SpirivaSunrise

I can see the announcement by following the "megaphone". Is there a place where I can donate online or is it only by mailing in a check? I'm happy to do either, though online is faster. :)

thanks!
zoomie

SpirivaSunrise

I can see the announcement by following the "megaphone". Is there a place where I can donate online or is it only by mailing in a check? I'm happy to do either, though online is faster. :)

thanks!
zoomie
You can donate online. Just follow the procedure for donating to SDN, and follow subsequent instructions. You should be able to pay via PayPal with your credit card (no need for your bank account information).

I've been reading the newspaper articles, and the church there is also accepting donations for help with the funeral expenses. Here is the quote and the link:

How to help

The Episcopal Diocese of Kentucky has set up a fund to help the families of Claudia Wadlington and Riley Jane Lawrence with funeral expenses. Checks should be made out to "Trustees and Council of the Diocese of Kentucky" with a clear notation on the face of the check or an accompanying letter identifying that the contribution should go to the "Claudia Wadlington Funeral Fund" or "Riley Jane Lawrence Funeral Fund." Donations should be sent to the Diocese of Kentucky, 425 S. Second St., Suite 200, Louisville, KY 40202.

Link: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps...0/NEWS01/807301064&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

The donation info is in the right-hand column about half way down.

zoomie

You can donate online. Just follow the procedure for donating to SDN, and follow subsequent instructions. You should be able to pay via PayPal with your credit card (no need for your bank account information).

Thank you! I'm going to try that right now...

zoomie

Members don't see this ad :)

OK, this blind, old Zoomie doesn't see anything but "subscriptions" on the Donate to SDN page. Lifetime, Gold, Silver, Bronze are my only choices - and I don't see how to specify that I want to donate to All4MyDaughter's fund. What am I missing?

Sorry for the silly questions, but I really want to help.

zoomie

OK, this blind, old Zoomie doesn't see anything but "subscriptions" on the Donate to SDN page. Lifetime, Gold, Silver, Bronze are my only choices - and I don't see how to specify that I want to donate to All4MyDaughter's fund. What am I missing?

Sorry for the silly questions, but I really want to help.

zoomie

You're in the right place! SDN will be giving all proceeds from subscriptions during the upcoming month to the fund.

It's just a way we can all collectively give a gift from SDN.

But like you said, you can also send donations directly to the church fund (or send a check directly to SDN and specifiy that you'd like it to go to Riley & Claudia's memorial).

You're in the right place! SDN will be giving all proceeds from subscriptions during the upcoming month to the fund.

It's just a way we can all collectively give a gift from SDN.

Thanks so much! I guess I'll be subscribing to SDN then. :) My heart really goes out to Sarah and her family. :(

zoomie

=( Sorry to hear about your loss. Definitely keeping you and your family in my prayers. :(

I am so sorry about your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

I'm here far away from where this tragedy happened, yet I can't help but feel your loss and sadness. Please accept my deepest condolences.

My deepest sympathies, Sarah. I am so sorry.

omg!!!!!!!!

i am soooooooooooooooooo sorry for your losses. this is absolutely horrendous. i cannot even fathom what you are going through. it actually makes me want to cry. it absolutely bothers me to see that there are such selfish people that ruin the lives of others.

i pray for you, your family, your daughter, her friend, and her friend's family. this is indeed a tragedy. i hope you have the power and strength to hold yourself together through this.

much love

Such beautiful little girls...my deepest condolences to both families.

Hi everyone,

I want to thank you for the expressions of sympathy, the thoughts, the donations and the prayers. The flowers you sent were absolutely beautiful. They were right by Riley's casket when I got to visitation on Monday.

I am very very sad, but hanging in there. My husband and I are trying to keep to a routine and get out of the house some and that helps, but it is still hard. She was our precious only child and everything feels off without her. I know Claudia's parents feel the same way.

I don't have it in me to post much more right now, but I want you to know that I've been logging in every day and reading your posts and it really does help. It really means a lot.

I'll leave you with a picture of my little angels.

Love,
Sarah

Riley Jane Lawrence: December 22, 2003 - July 25, 2008
Claudia Faye Wadlington: January 7, 2003 - July 25, 2008

dscf4549zk6qv8fp1.jpg

I am so sorry for your lost. God Bless you

I am so sorry. :(

God bless you and your husband, and give you strength through this loss. God is taking care of her now... but she will always be a part of you.

I am shocked...at this..tragedy. It's so so so so so sad, and there are no words I could say. I offer my sincerest of condolences. It's the saddest thing; such innocent lives.
I will keep you in my prayers and pray for your daughter and her cousin.

They are absolutely beautiful. Angels. Absolutely, and I was filled with tears when reading about the tragedy, but then seeing their pictures, holding hands - I can hardly speak.

Keep strong. Keep strong as you can. I really truly am praying for you and those two beautiful breathtaking girls.

Sarah,

What a precious little girl... both of them. Everyone on this forum (and in your life I'm sure) knows how much your daughter means to you. I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now.
Having Riley on earth for 4 and a half precious years was such a gift. I believe with all my heart that she will always be with you in heart, mind and soul. She is safe in God's arms beside her beautiful cousin.

You and your family are in my prayers ...

I am very sad to hear about your loss. I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that the two girls have each other in Heaven and will be reunited with you someday. It is so hard to wait, I know, and I personally don't have an experience that comes close but I have seen it in others and I sympathize with you all.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

As a mom I feel your loss 110%. God has those babies in His hands. Try to "rest" on that. God bless you, your husband and your families!

This poem was recited at my cousin's funeral.

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane,
I would walk right up to heaven
To bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken
No time to say good-bye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knows why.
My heart aches in sadness,
And tears still flow.
What it means to lose you,
No one will every know.

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Riley was an absolute beautiful child.

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Sarah,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Know that Riley will live on in your heart and everyone else who loved her.

Sarah, I am very sorry for your loss. Be strong.

Sarah, my condolences to you and your family. I can't imagine how difficult things are for you right now.

My prayers are with you and your family. She is a beautiful girl. I know you will be with her again. May you feel the peace and love of our Savior Jesus Christ and feel his loving arms around you, especially in this your time of great sorrow and need. I'm so sorry for your loss. Again you and your family are in my prayers.

Julie

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

It is unnatural for a parent to bury a child. I know the feeling as a sibling..as I lost my brother some years ago. I know how it was for my parents.

Again,I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Kyra

heaven has in store what thou has lost. i am so sorry.

crystal

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you strength in this most difficult of times and I hope that it will be sustained through the time ahead. May your family and friends be one source of that strength and may they be a source of comfort and solace along with the memories of your beloved and precious daughter.

an update on the announcement:
SDN Establishes the Riley and Claudia Memorial Fund said:
As many of you are aware, one of our longtime staff members Sarah (All4MyDaughter) lost her daughter on July 25th. Sarah's daughter Riley and Riley's cousin Claudia passed away after being struck by a car on the way home from swimming lessons. Claudia's mother was also hit but her physical injuries were less serious. The car's driver was fleeing from the police and the girls just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Please keep Sarah and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Many members of the SDN community have expressed interest in doing something for Sarah and her family outside of the existing memorial fund. Many would like their donation to be seen as gesture of support from within the SDN community. To support this goal, SDN has established the Riley and Claudia Memorial fund. Donations to this fund will be used for two purposes: to help defray the girls' funeral and burial costs and to provide funding for a memorial to the girls.

There are three ways that you can contribute to the Riley and Claudia memorial fund:

1) Donate to SDN. SDN has pledged the proceeds from all SDN subscriptions received between July 25th and August 31st to be directed to the Riley and Claudia Memorial fund. For details on subscriptions please scroll down 2 announcements. Anyone who purchases a Life Member subscription will receive an SDN t-shirt in addition to the pin that normally accompanies the subscription.

2) Donate directly via PayPal. Please PM bananaface or e-mail [email protected] for details if you wish to use this option.

3) Send a check directly to SDN to be directed to the fund. Please make checks payable to "Coastal Research Group" (SDN's parent organization) and place a note on the check "For" field which indicates that it is to be used for the memorial fund.
Checks can be mailed to :
Student Doctor Network
PO Box 1160
Sunset Beach, CA 90742

If you wish to send a card to Sarah, you may send it to the above PO box and we will see that it is forwarded to her.
So, if you'd like to send a card you can use the address above.

A very Sad NEws Indeed...:(
May the departed soul rest in peace..
My hearfelt Condolences for the Grieve Strucken Family...:(