alternate interview list at Herman Ostrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sneh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how big is an alternate list at Herman ostrow? Does alternate list stand a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

All those who have applied are on alternate

if some one decline the interview, then they will send those positions to the ones on alternate. Keep finger crossing!

Members don't see this ad :)
@DDS33 Really? Where did you get this information? Thx

p.s. I am on the alternate list.

Does anyone know how many interview invitation they sent? 100? I got the interview invitation, but rejected by UOP and UCSF.

Does anyone know how many interview invitation they sent? 100? I got the interview invitation, but rejected by UOP and UCSF.
did you get a rejection letter from UOP/ UCSF or no communication was presumed as rejection. Am sorry to ask ..just trying to understand the process.

Last time i received a straight rejection from USC. But this time i am placed in alternate..

I think this time no one got a rejection mail. People got interview or alternate list that's it. Any idea anyone got a rejection?

did you get a rejection letter from UOP/ UCSF or no communication was presumed as rejection. Am sorry to ask ..just trying to understand the process.
I got rejection letter from UOP and no communication from UCSF.

Aany ideas if the interview at USC is just a practical exam or this there also a one on one interview?

did anyone on the alternate list get an interview call?

Got rejection:( from UOP, no communication from USCF and UCLA , alternate list on USC:inpain::inpain: when is this gonna end? when will I become a practicing dentist again

Not yet. Is it a waiting list or clear cut rejection letter?
USC is the most organized school in terms of sending invitation , if someone is on alternate list that means they have a chance of invitation but nowadays admission being so competitive not many students will turn down their invitation and since many will be on alternate list a few may get invited because a few invited candidates will definitely turn down the invitation because they got in somewhere else. So, luck will definitely play a part in getting invitation from the alternate list. But, don't worry too much whether it is a direct rejection or not....just work for improving your resume however strong it may be now at present..... perseverance will definitely pay off.....good luck...wish you all the best...

Reactions: 1 user
USC is the most organized school in terms of sending invitation , if someone is on alternate list that means they have a chance of invitation but nowadays admission being so competitive not many students will turn down their invitation and since many will be on alternate list a few may get invited because a few invited candidates will definitely turn down the invitation because they got in somewhere else. So, luck will definitely play a part in getting invitation from the alternate list. But, don't worry too much whether it is a direct rejection or not....just work for improving your resume however strong it may be now at present..... perseverance will definitely pay off.....good luck...wish you all the best...
Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!! Yesterday I heard that USC called a candidate from alternate list last year. So we too can hope for the same.

I called the admission today. I spoke with Corey Berry. He said that people misunderstood the alternate list. He said that there was one interview and the seats have been taken and class is full. He said I should reapply next year if am still interested. Sorry for the bad news.