Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guest11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed a couple weeks ago at SCCO and was placed on the..alternate list. I know it's better than getting rejected, but it kinda sucks. I guess those admissions people weren't kidding when they said, "Apply early! Apply early! Apply early! I can't stress enough that it is in your best interest to APPLY EARLY!" Haha! Those seats fill up fast! Damn non-procrastinators. So yeah, don't wait until the beginning of March to finish submitting stuff, it screws with your chances of getting in! Pretty obvious, I know. So now, I continue to wait...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

im sorry! if it makes you feel better there was 2 girls who are now in the first year class that got in off the alternate list as late as the day before school started. but really in a school that does rolling admissions it doesnt make any sense to apply later than december.. even by that point a large part of the class is filled up! honestly if you really wanna go there put your app in the 1st day of admissions next year and if you do the same interview you are pretty much guaranteed to get in! :) good luck!

For now, I'm just gonna keep myself busy and try not to think about it, and hopefully if things work in my favor, I'll get an acceptance. If not, well, like you said, I'll just reapply and I'll do it a whole lot earlier!! I think a good way to pass the time is by flying to another state and interviewing at another optometry school. Yeah, sounds good to me.

I feel your pain. I'm on "hold" for OSU. It totally sucks not knowing what will happen. I'm just trying to work on my alternate plan of obtaining a crappy job with my bio degree.