Am I insane?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or am I just under a tremendous amount of stress?

Sometimes when I'm trying to go to sleep, in the back of my head I will hear what can only be described as "background" chatter. Like I'm listening in on a conversation of people speaking. Not my voice, I'm not thinking of a script.. just trying to make out what they're saying but I could never quite. And no, it's not my neighbors or anything.. it all happens in the back of my head.

Highly doubt I'm schizo.. unless I lead a secret life in my sleep which I am unaware of.

And then last night I have a dream about falling far far far.. but before hitting the ground gravity changed and I landed a la Matrix. Then I dreamt about voluntarily drowning myself to lodge myself in the cogwheels of a water pump to stop a madman from releasing a virus into the watersystem.

..dammit.. need a freakin' vacation.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds to me like (1) you are watching too much CNN and (2) you need to get a little more sleep.

Wondering if your eye lid is twitching as well.

Judd

:laugh: Probably way too much stress and way too little sleep.

A couple nights ago after studying O Chem for several hours I dreamt I had 3 of everything and kept arranging all of the various objects (houses, cars, people, etc) into dashed-wedged line configurations (I was always the 4th object.. ie they all were 'attached' to me), with much excitement ("Yes! 3 more! That fits perfectly!"). :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by TTSD
Sometimes when I'm trying to go to sleep, in the back of my head I will hear what can only be described as "background" chatter.

You know I had to learn how to give people a DSM-IV diagnosis as part of my job, and one of the practice subjects had that exact same thing and she had major depression with psychotic features!!!!! How are you feeling otherwise?

Haha, don't you feel better now? ;)

Originally posted by Brickhouse
You know I had to learn how to give people a DSM-IV diagnosis as part of my job, and one of the practice subjects had that exact same thing and she had major depression with psychotic features!!!!! How are you feeling otherwise?

Haha, don't you feel better now? ;)

Wonderful.. let me get a hammer.

yeah its sleep deprivation

You may be insane-but that dosen't mean you can't be a Dr.
I suggest more sleep-even just a hour or two, good sex-it does wonders, and coffee ice cream.
If that doesn't work you can room with me in the psy ward-I'm sure I'll be there no matter how much sex/sleep/ice cream I get.
Feel better.

Hey man,

Well at least you'll be in the company of Nietzsche.

A couple nights ago after studying O Chem for several hours I dreamt I had 3 of everything and kept arranging all of the various objects (houses, cars, people, etc) into dashed-wedged line configurations (I was always the 4th object.. ie they all were 'attached' to me), with much excitement ("Yes! 3 more! That fits perfectly!").

Ya know, the same thing happened to me, only i was tryign to figure out if it was R or S, and then i got stuck on whether a BMW or Mercedes has a higher priority.

Wow..that is weird.

oldies are goodies

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously what is with all your necrobumps?!

Late night trolling. I'll stop now good night lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ever have those dreams where you're enrolled in a class you forgot you registered for, and the end of the semester, you receive an email stating you received an F for the course...the relief when I wake up, "Oh thank god, it was just a dream".

You ever have those dreams where you're enrolled in a class you forgot you registered for, and the end of the semester, you receive an email stating you received an F for the course...the relief when I wake up, "Oh thank god, it was just a dream".

I always end up living in a van down by the river in those dreams. Honestly, I sometimes feel like giving up this professional life and just d***ing around for the next 50 years in a beach town. :coldfeet:

Status
Not open for further replies.