Am I on the right track?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are my chances!?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

alexwantsanMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you think 1 year of scribe work would be enough? Or should I find some more EC's? I might add that I run marathons and volunteer at an elementary school, ( I basically just play kickball with the kids at recess.). Should I fluff my EC's more than that, or is the clinical experience the most valuable thing for me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think 1 year of scribe work would be enough? Or should I find some more EC's? I might add that I run marathons and volunteer at an elementary school, ( I basically just play kickball with the kids at recess.). Should I fluff my EC's more than that, or is the clinical experience the most valuable thing for me?
Scribing should be good enough for clinical experience. Marathoning will be an awesome EC and good talking point. Volunteering with the kids shows good volunteerism. Try to get at east 100-200 hours of volunteering. Also, you should get some leadership experience.

Should I walk into the interview and order the adcom to stand while I sit? (JK) What might be some good leadership experience that I could attain while completing my undergrad?

Last edited:
Should I walk into the interview and order the adcom to stand while I sit? (JK) What might be some good leadship experience that I could attain while completing my undergrad?
Ummm, be a club officer or something. I was a club VP and I did student orientation staff for leadership experience.

Oh, I was also a lab TA for 2 years, so you could try that as well. Look around at what your school has to offer.