Am I ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Pill

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone that I've ever talked to says that you will never feel ready to take the NAPLEX, well, I don't. My date is coming up in a few days. I have taken the Pre-Naplex twice, scoring an 82 each time scaled score and just took the 2019 practice test on RxPrep and scored a 70%. Based on these what do you guys think? Not the best scores, but also not the worst?Very nervous so any feedback would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i had similar RxPrep score and scored 3 digit in Naplex. i Think you will be fine. I didn't feel ready at all, more like I knew that I failed during the exam. Don't let your anxiety eat you up.

I took my NAPLEX a few days ago and found out I passed with triple digits yesterday. I didn't do pre-naplex or the final test from RxPrep at all. I did studied using RxPrep book. I also had a massive panic attack the day before the exam and could not sleep at all that night. I know many people in this forum said the exam is easy and focus on math and you will pass. I was under that same impression, but the exam is not easy, this I can guarantee you. Lots of case based question that required you to read and understand lab values and disease state. My test only have about 30 questions on calculation. With that said, I think you'll be fine with pre-naplex score of 82. Just don't get panic during the exam. If you can, find additional resources on non-sterile compounding beside RxPrep because there is a lot of question on that topic and I couldn't find answer in RxPrep afterward. Also, know your drug references as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone that I've ever talked to says that you will never feel ready to take the NAPLEX, well, I don't. My date is coming up in a few days. I have taken the Pre-Naplex twice, scoring an 82 each time scaled score and just took the 2019 practice test on RxPrep and scored a 70%. Based on these what do you guys think? Not the best scores, but also not the worst?Very nervous so any feedback would be appreciated.

I had 108 on pre-naplex, 60% on the RxPrep exam, and 116 on the real NAPLEX. I think you'll do fine, seems rare that people do worse than on the pre-naplex

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the RX prep exam provide the answers/feedback like the quiz banks?
I had 108 on pre-naplex, 60% on the RxPrep exam, and 116 on the real NAPLEX. I think you'll do fine, seems rare that people do worse than on the pre-naplex