Am I screwed? VERY LATE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pio97

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I screwed myself and didn't get AMCAS submitted until August 10th.

Suppose I can pre-write secondaries and get them submitted within 1- 2 days so that I am complete by mid-October, do I still have a legitimate chance at an acceptance?

3.6 GPA
35 MCAT

Will graduate with a Masters in biomedical engineering.

Varsity D1 Athlete, 400 hours of clinical experience, non-clinical volunteering, research publication, shadowing etc

I am applying broadly and to many lower-tier privates.

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah you do but should have applied much earlier.

it's really late in the cycle, and I read that AMCAS is taking an overly long time to verify app. therefore, You might be better off applying next year.

Well I screwed myself and didn't get AMCAS submitted until August 10th.

Suppose I can pre-write secondaries and get them submitted within 1- 2 days so that I am complete by mid-October, do I still have a legitimate chance at an acceptance?

3.6 GPA
35 MCAT

Will graduate with a Masters in biomedical engineering.

Varsity D1 Athlete, 400 hours of clinical experience, non-clinical volunteering, research publication, shadowing etc

I am applying broadly and to many lower-tier privates.

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea you got a shot,
its good youre applying really broadly
wouldve been better if you had been earlier, but nothing you can do now
best of luck

You have a good MCAT and although late by SDN standards you have a good shot still. No one knows how the slow AMCAS processing will turn out....
I might add some more schools you weren't thinking about so you have a better chance getting in

I'm pretty sure you'll get interviews, but as everyone else is saying, you would have been much safer if you had applied earlier.

If you applied broadly to a lot of low-tier schools you should get in somewhere with those stats. Obviously the earlier the better, but you should still be alright. If you don't get in this time apply early next time and you'll be gold.