Am i screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

james6911

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i am taking the GRE on November 25th and so i should have my results a month later. How long does CSDCAS take to process electronic GRE submissions? I have only 3 weeks after that before Jan. 15th deadlines.

Members don't see this ad.

So i am taking the GRE on November 25th and so i should have my results a month later. How long does CSDCAS take to process electronic GRE submissions? I have only 3 weeks after that before Jan. 15th deadlines.

When I took the GRE two years ago, it told me my score before I logged off the computer. After I answered the last question the score came up on the screen. Except, of course, the writing sample. That I needed to wait the month to get.

As to the rest of your question, I have no clue.

dsoz

I just took the GRE a few weeks ago, and as dsoz mentioned, you get the verbal and quantitative scores immediately after taking the test. With the new scoring and testing procedures, you should receive your writing scores within 2 weeks (I ended up getting all of my official scores about 8 days after the test). You should have enough time.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be fine. I took my GRE late in the year too. I took it in late October and our submission deadline was 2/1 and all of my stuff was there by December. The schools get your scores before you do usually.

I'd just contact the schools and let them know your score the computer read out, that you've completed the exam, and the scores should be on the way.

As others have said, you should be OK. When I applied for schools, a couple of them wanted me to tell them my score on the actual application - even though it would not be considered official until they received the results from the testing agency. In any case, you will see your scores (except the writing portion) that same day before you walk out of the test and your scores will be sent directly to I believe it was up to 3 schools - you can list them during the set-up portion before you begin the test... if I remember correctly (if someone else knows more accurate info. about that, feel free to correct me!).

As others have said, you should be OK. When I applied for schools, a couple of them wanted me to tell them my score on the actual application - even though it would not be considered official until they received the results from the testing agency. In any case, you will see your scores (except the writing portion) that same day before you walk out of the test and your scores will be sent directly to I believe it was up to 3 schools - you can list them during the set-up portion before you begin the test... if I remember correctly (if someone else knows more accurate info. about that, feel free to correct me!).

I was really surprised when I took the test a few weeks ago. I was able to see my unofficial scores and then choose the schools I wanted to send my info to. You're able to send scores to up to 4 schools (this is included in your test registration fee).