Am I too much of a "Gunner?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gellyj994

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
So this past week really has me questioning my values as a person. Here goes nothing.

I was on the phone with one of my small group partners, and we were talking our plans for the rest of the day, keep in mind that this was earlier in the week. I found out that I would basically have to run a much of errands for my family who came back into town. When I told my friend this, and I asked her about her plans, she said she was basically studying for the rest of the day. Although I don't come off as a competitive person, at the end of our conversation, I hung up the phone and screamed out that I wanted to "crush her" on this exam. A few moments passed and I realized that we were still connected, and she likely heard me. I'm not sure what it was, but I just didn't like the idea of her having more study time than me, which made me mad in the moment. I haven't heard from her since that moment. This whole situation had got me thinking, am I too much of a gunner? The only think I've done to get ahead of people was last year when I hid the anatomy manuals of several groups so that I could get ahead of them in the dissection. Thoughts? Any ideas on how to navigate through this? I guess my whole thing is I don't like the idea of someone getting more study time than me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So this past week really has me questioning my values as a person. Here goes nothing.

I hung up the phone and screamed out that I wanted to "crush her" on this exam. A few moments passed and I realized that we were still connected, and she likely heard me.

Luckily, that is a ridiculous enough thing to say that she probably thought you were joking.

Seriously, if someone shouted at me that they wanted to crush me on an exam, it would never even cross my mind that they might actually be serious.

Reactions: 5 users
Hiding anatomy manuals=sabotaging others

Yeah, you need to understand that this type of behavior is beyond competitive and will only alienate you from others. Who cares what others are doing, succeed on your own behalf and don’t bring down others—- this “bucket full of lobsters” mentality is not good.

With a post count = 1, I think OP is giving us the business

Reactions: 4 users
Well, they didn’t ask me for money or take any of my emotional energy so no harm done, my advice applies to many.

Hiding anatomy manuals=sabotaging others

Yeah, you need to understand that this type of behavior is beyond competitive and will only alienate you from others. Who cares what others are doing, succeed on your own behalf and don’t bring down others—- this “bucket full of lobsters” mentality is not good.
After a bit, I felt bad and I told them where they were. I just put it under the table, so they technically still had them. Do you think this is why I've also been having trouble making friends? Even though I don't actively express my competitiveness, do you think people can see through me? Part of me wants the best for everyone, but another part of me views this as a competition where I want to win

Luckily, that is a ridiculous enough thing to say that she probably thought you were joking.

Seriously, if someone shouted at me that they wanted to crush me on an exam, it would never even cross my mind that they might actually be serious.
Would the tone of voice make a difference? Say if I said it very hoarsely and deeply.

Do you think this is why I've also been having trouble making friends? Even though I don't actively express my competitiveness, do you think people can see through me.
When you’re excited to make friends, but you’re also a cutthroat gunner:
C5830BF0-E8BE-4E76-9834-DB45689E12D9.gif

But seriously, OP is obviously a troll.

Reactions: 9 users
But what's this **** you said about you like to hide anatomy manuals from others too?
I say that **** just clownin' dog, come on, how f***** up is you?
You got some issues gellyj994, I think you need some counseling
To help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some
And what's this **** about crushing your friend on the exam together?
That type of **** will make her not want to meet each other
I really think you and your girlfriend need each other
Or maybe you just need to treat her better
I hope you get to read this post, I just hope it reaches you in time
Before you hurt her and other again, I think that you'll be doin' just fine
If you relax a little, I'm glad medicine inspires you but gellyj994
Why are you so mad? Try to understand, that I do want you to succeed
I just don't want you to do this kinda crazy **** ever again

Reactions: 14 users
Status
Not open for further replies.