ambiguity in a cube counting question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faris_

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:
I encountered this question in one of the practice tests of PATbooster and got every question on it wrong. I made the assumption that there is a cube between the two colored cubes where in fact there wasn't according to the test material. according to the instructions on PATbooster , if I remember correctly, continuity is assumed for cubes we cant see. How would you approach this question? Should I have assumed there's no box??

Untitled.png

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 323.png
    323.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 62
When talking about assuming continuity, assume that when its vertical. If you don't see the block between them, then you assume there's nothing there.
When you see something like a tower of blocks, you should assume that there will be a block at the base of the tower, ever if it's hidden.

Reactions: 2 users
When talking about assuming continuity, assume that when its vertical. If you don't see the block between them, then you assume there's nothing there.
When you see something like a tower of blocks, you should assume that there will be a block at the base of the tower, ever if it's hidden.
That's an excellent explanation. Thank you!