Ambulatory Technologies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any new and/or cool ambulatory technologies out there to help people get around with their daily lives?

I have seen a few scooters and some weird looking walkers in my days being a CNA. However, I was just wondering if there was any new breakthroughs since then.

Thanks for your input. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

doclm said:
Any new and/or cool ambulatory technologies out there to help people get around with their daily lives?

I have seen a few scooters and some weird looking walkers in my days being a CNA. However, I was just wondering if there was any new breakthroughs since then.

Thanks for your input. :thumbup:

There is something called the "Roll A-bout" (am not sure of the spelling). It is where you can put your non weight bearing limb on a rolling walker unit and use it to assist you in ambulation while weight bearing on the contralateral limb. This device has been around since I was a podiatry student. However, several companies have hopped on the band wagon and has recently came out with their version of the "Roll A-bout".