AMCAS 2004 Course Work Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bostonienses

Tripping on lactic acid
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but the app is out and I just want to get it over with.
Quick question:
Is anyone having trouble with putting in their coursework for the spring semester of their terms?

I noticed that if I want to put a course work listing for Spring 2000, for example, once it is done it shows it as Spring 1999. So if I want it to show as 2000, I need to say that it was Spring 2001. Does this make any sense? WTF?
Help, yo.
This crap is driving me crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, i've just been having the same problem. it's really annoying. i have no idea how to fix it.

hey boston,

AMCAS does this stupid thing where if you take classes in spring 2000, it counts it as the academic year 1999-2000 and thus lists it as 1999...meaning the spring semester of the academic year that started in 1999. does that make any sense? basically, don't worry about it. just go ahead and list the course work as spring 2000, and let it automatically show it as 1999. If you make it spring 2001, then AMCAS will think it means the spring semester of the academic year that started in 2000, i.e. really spring 2001.

let me know if this makes any sense :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember right, the year that shows up is the academic year. So even though you took it in the year 2000, it was the academic year of 1999. This is explained, somewhat ambiguously, in the instructions.

Good luck with your apps!

Thanks, guys.
I was just trying to enter the courses like it was listed on my transcript...
Took a while to get this down.
I feel stupid.
Thanks again!

I had the same question ( I was unsure how to enter the semester), but yea basically that's what it's doing.