AMCAS and transcript verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruraldr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a reapplicant, do we need to resend all previously verified transcripts or only transcripts that have changed since the last application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

As a reapplicant, do we need to resend all previously verified transcripts or only transcripts that have changed since the last application cycle?

You have to resend in everything again.

What is the earliest date to send in transcripts? Is it after I've registered for 2009 AMCAS? or can I pre-empt the may 2nd opening date and send it a week before so that it gets there on may 2nd?

Members don't see this ad :)
bump

do we have to retype all of our coursework into the AMCAS along with resending those transcripts? do we get a whole new AMCAS #? i was under the impression that at leasst something would be carried over from the previous year...

What is the earliest date to send in transcripts? Is it after I've registered for 2009 AMCAS? or can I pre-empt the may 2nd opening date and send it a week before so that it gets there on may 2nd?

You can send transcripts after you've started the 2009 app in May and fill out the "schools attended" section so that they know where to expect transcripts from. They ask you not to send them until after you've started the new app. My plan is to request the transcripts the day or two before 2009 app opens, since it usually takes several days for the request to go through at each undergrad school. By the time they get to AMCAS, I would've long started the app.

bump

do we have to retype all of our coursework into the AMCAS along with resending those transcripts? do we get a whole new AMCAS #? i was under the impression that at leasst something would be carried over from the previous year...

If you applied last year, your info will still be entered in AMCAS...same number and username/password also. But you do have to resend the transcripts.

I was curious though...never got an answer on another post I asked it on. What if I skipped a year...applied for Fall 2007, now applying for Fall 2009...will my AMCAS info still be entered? Or is it only for consecutive years?

Yea, for me, it's gonna be a pain not only for re-sending stuff but also if I get accepted and find that I did not need to do all this re-applying stuff. Oh, boy!!

Yea, for me, it's gonna be a pain not only for re-sending stuff but also if I get accepted and find that I did not need to do all this re-applying stuff. Oh, boy!!

I'm in the same boat. 2 wait lists. Both Science and General GPAs in the 3.6 range 37 MCAT. Average ECs. But I think I'll just pay for 1 school for now and wait till mid June to add others.... If I pay for one school now, I'll get the transcript check done early...