AMCAS GPA Calculator Excel by USF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chef Boyar T

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening!

I've been toggling around with the excel spreadsheet AMCASGPA_Calculator by USF for a good hour now.

After inputting my projected grades, I was given two values, 'Cumulative Undergraduate AMCAS GPA' and 'Cumulative Undergraduate All Other AMCAS GPA.'

Unfamiliar with the system, will my final GPA that's reported to medical schools be the 'Cumulative Undergraduate AMCAS GPA' or 'Cumulative Undergraduate All Other AMCAS GPA'? What's the difference between the two?

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been toggling around with the excel spreadsheet AMCASGPA_Calculator by USF for a good hour now.

After inputting my projected grades, I was given two values, 'Cumulative Undergraduate AMCAS GPA' and 'Cumulative Undergraduate All Other AMCAS GPA.'

1) Unfamiliar with the system, will my final GPA that's reported to medical schools be the 'Cumulative Undergraduate AMCAS GPA'
2) or 'Cumulative Undergraduate All Other AMCAS GPA'?
3) What's the difference between the two?
1) Yes
2) Yes, to this also. But also cumulative undergrad BCPM GPA will be reported.
3) AO (All Other) GPA is everything that isn't BCPM (Bio, Chem, Physics, Math).

upload_2016-9-23_6-39-48.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
seems like there's no way around this, we need to do the calculation for each course - nevermind

I still don't understand why we even need to do this, why don't they just find a way to automatically do this at aamc

Yea..hey I've entered in all my grades as well as credits but for some reason the columns labeled "automatically entered" are not calculating and a "#N/A" is showing up in the boxes. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem? I've tried redownloading the same excel program 3 times but to no avail. Also is it individual schools that weigh your senior year grades higher or is that through AMCAS as well? Thanks.