AMCAS/MCAT Intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeMD13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you submit your application to AMCAS and then push back your MCAT intent date, do both dates show up for admissions committees?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm re-writing in September, primarily so I can apply to Canadian schools with higher scores, but I'm not sure if I should put this on my AMCAS application. Would this delay the review process and negatively affect me?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm re-writing in September, primarily so I can apply to Canadian schools with higher scores, but I'm not sure if I should put this on my AMCAS application. Would this delay the review process and negatively affect me?
I tried calling AMCAS today to find out if the schools see your original intent date and your new intent date. The lady I spoke with seemed to have no idea and was just trying to avoid the question. She did seem clear that changing a test intent date would not affect the processing time though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling AMCAS today to find out if the schools see your original intent date and your new intent date. The lady I spoke with seemed to have no idea and was just trying to avoid the question. She did seem clear that changing a test intent date would not affect the processing time though.
The intent date is not tied to your actual date of the test. There is no connection. You can say you plan to retake it and never retake it; you can say you will retake it in Sept, but retake it in Oct.

The intent date is not tied to your actual date of the test. There is no connection. You can say you plan to retake it and never retake it; you can say you will retake it in Sept, but retake it in Oct.

Do you think it would delay the actual school from reviewing the application though... which is what really matters in the end

Do you think it would delay the actual school from reviewing the application though... which is what really matters in the end
If you say you will retake and set a date, yes, the schools will wait for the score. If you say no, and retake anyway, no, there is no delay, but schools won't wait for your new score necessarily.

If you say you will retake and set a date, yes, the schools will wait for the score. If you say no, and retake anyway, no, there is no delay, but schools won't wait for your new score necessarily.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I see it's a bit of a trade off. I'm currently applying with a 31 so I feel that will be okay for most of the schools I'm applying to so I'm not going to disclose that I'm retaking until I get the scores back and can submit them.