AMCAS Mistake - Accidentally put 480 Research Hours When I Meant 840. What Should I Do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuniperSkish

Reaction score
Accidentally put down 480 hrs when I meant to put down 840 for my research under Work/Activities section.

Just got verified Sept 1, and realized I made a mistake with my research hours. I've been in this lab for 2 years, and 480 hours doesn't seem to line up with the duration of which I worked in the lab.

1) Should I say nothing about it though unless somebody brings it up in an interview or something?
2) I shouldn't make a disclaimer of it in any secondaries or anything right?
3) What are your thoughts on proceeding from here?

Members don't see this ad.

Accidentally put down 480 hrs when I meant to put down 840 for my research under Work/Activities section.

Just got verified Sept 1, and realized I made a mistake with my research hours. I've been in this lab for 2 years, and 480 hours doesn't seem to line up with the duration of which I worked in the lab.

1) Should I say nothing about it though unless somebody brings it up in an interview or something?
2) I shouldn't make a disclaimer of it in any secondaries or anything right?
3) What are your thoughts on proceeding from here?
This typo won't make or break your application, unless perhaps you are primarily targeting top-twenty schools. But I understand that you'd want to set the record straight.
a) With appropriate Secondary prompts, you can make the correction.
b) For those rare schools that encourage frequent updates, you can shoot them a brief email.
c) For all others, include the correction in the fall update letter along with new grades, added hours for relevant activities, and any added endeavors that may impact your candidacy.
d) Where none of the above is possible, let it go unless asked at interviews.

Reactions: 1 users