AMCAS Ongoing Work/Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iceroll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are going to continue doing the work/activities you listed in the AMCAS app, what should you put for the end date and total hours?

For example, I'm going to be continuing club/volunteering activity next school year so should I put the end date as April 2015? And my summer research ends after the submission too, so should I put August 2014?

Or does AMCAS only want you to list the date and hours for how much you've done at the point of submitting the application?

Members don't see this ad.

Just estimate. Nobody's going to call in April of 2015 and check to make sure you really spent all of that time there.

If I recall correctly, you can indicate that the activity is ongoing by setting a later date (and if not, just mention that in the description).

Members don't see this ad :)
So I can extend everything until August 2015 and estimate the hours from then? Thanks!

Should I indicate somewhere how many hours I have done already and how many are future hours or does that not matter?

Should I indicate somewhere how many hours I have done already and how many are future hours or does that not matter?

Yes, if you are planning on continuing an activity until April 2015 you could list it as follows:

Mark the activity as repeated and include two date ranges, the first from when you started until June 2014, and the second from June 2014 until when you will stop the activity.
January 2013 - June 2014 (300 hours) - These are all completed hours
June 2014 - April 2015 (1000 hours) - These are all tentative/scheduled hours

Reactions: 1 user
Let's say I have worked a full-time job (40 hours/week) from 05/2007 - 05/2015, and I am applying to med school this year for 2016.
That mean's my total hours so far is 16,640 hours, with an additional 2,080 hours more before I apply.
So am I supposed to put 18,720 hours in this activity??

Let's say I have worked a full-time job (40 hours/week) from 05/2007 - 05/2015, and I am applying to med school this year for 2016.
That mean's my total hours so far is 16,640 hours, with an additional 2,080 hours more before I apply.
So am I supposed to put 18,720 hours in this activity??
One total hours space will accept up to 99,999 hours last I checked.