AMCAS start date and end date question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack223

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but, I took two courses at the same junior college. The first one I took as a summer course in 2004 and the other I took this spring semester. So, on the AMCAS do I need to say that my start date was June 2004 and my end date was May 2007 for this school? It just seems weird that there will be years of nothingness on the transcript. Is there any way to say June 2004-August 2004 then Jan 2007-May 2007 that I'm just not seeing? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This is probably a stupid question but, I took two courses at the same junior college. The first one I took as a summer course in 2004 and the other I took this spring semester. So, on the AMCAS do I need to say that my start date was June 2004 and my end date was May 2007 for this school? It just seems weird that there will be years of nothingness on the transcript. Is there any way to say June 2004-August 2004 then Jan 2007-May 2007 that I'm just not seeing? Thanks.

Did you take courses elsewhere during those two semesters? If so, then they're not gonna look at it and be like "So, uh... what did they do between these classes? Just sit around like a bum? REJECT!" Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. I'd just list it all in one time period.

I'm assuming you mean these courses are in addition to your undergraduate classes. It would make no sense otherwise. Anyway, I would personally list it as start of the first class and the finish of the second class. I assume both classes will appear on the same transcript so that seems like the intuitive thing to do.

If in doubt, just email AMCAS. They take questions and they are very very quick about questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I was taking classes full time at my undergrad school. Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Hey, for anyone else out there with this question. I emailed AMCAS and they told me since I attended the school at two different times I need to list it twice under the schools attended section. And if both classes show up on the same transcript just select "transcripts not needed" on one of the entries, so they will only expect one transcript from that school.