AMCAS University Deadline Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kicruz25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am non-traditional in that I have spent 2-3 years post-bac working in hospital & in research. I lost touch with the details of the admissions process, and have a few questions about applying:

1 - From what I remember my first, and only, MCAT result used to be available on the MCAT registration (https://services.aamc.org/20/mcat/) website. I cannot see any previous scores, and I don't remember if I took it my Junior or Senior year (3 or 4 years ago). Would I assume that since it is not available it is no longer valid? Will medical schools see what I cannot?

2 - What has to be in by the AMCAS deadlines? From what I understand, it is a deadline for payment of fee(s) and submission, but you can continue, and most universities encourage, updating and adding additional information. I also read that transcripts are not "due" until 15 days after the deadline. What about MCAT scores? I was scheduled to take my exam last week but could not make it to my out of state testing site (only one available at the time) and have to reschedule. While my results should be in before some of my desired universities' deadlines one will be two months behind, and another 1 month. I have everything else already completed and set, and I know I can submit my applications pending MCAT results, but how long after the deadlines do they stop waiting for additional information and throw your application out? Or is it continuous rolling until they fill their spots?

3 - I know this is a site-specific question, but approximately how long after dealines do universities continue to fill spots?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am non-traditional in that I have spent 2-3 years post-bac working in hospital & in research. I lost touch with the details of the admissions process, and have a few questions about applying:

1 - From what I remember my first, and only, MCAT result used to be available on the MCAT registration (https://services.aamc.org/20/mcat/) website. I cannot see any previous scores, and I don't remember if I took it my Junior or Senior year (3 or 4 years ago). Would I assume that since it is not available it is no longer valid? Will medical schools see what I cannot?

2 - What has to be in by the AMCAS deadlines? From what I understand, it is a deadline for payment of fee(s) and submission, but you can continue, and most universities encourage, updating and adding additional information. I also read that transcripts are not "due" until 15 days after the deadline. What about MCAT scores? I was scheduled to take my exam last week but could not make it to my out of state testing site (only one available at the time) and have to reschedule. While my results should be in before some of my desired universities' deadlines one will be two months behind, and another 1 month. I have everything else already completed and set, and I know I can submit my applications pending MCAT results, but how long after the deadlines do they stop waiting for additional information and throw your application out? Or is it continuous rolling until they fill their spots?

3 - I know this is a site-specific question, but approximately how long after dealines do universities continue to fill spots?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.
As late as you are, it makes no sense to apply this cycle. Take your time to get a great MCAT score, perfect your application, and apply next cycle. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
As late as you are, it makes no sense to apply this cycle. Take your time to get a great MCAT score, perfect your application, and apply next cycle. Good luck!

I was planning to apply AACOMAS as well. What would your opinion be on that? Wait and apply both next year or see what happens with DO schools, they have much later application deadlines.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning to apply AACOMAS as well. What would your opinion be on that? Wait and apply both next year or see what happens with DO schools, they have much later application deadlines.
If you would rather get into any DO school this year than wait a year for your best shot at an MD school, it MIGHT not be too late to apply DO. I don't know when their realistic "you should have your application in by now or wait until next year" date is, which at least with MD schools can be a lot different than the official deadline. It also depends on when, exactly, you will be taking the MCAT. Remember that the score won't get to schools until a month after you take it. I would ask on the DO forum to see when you should realistically have your application in by to have a good shot at admission.

If you would rather get into any DO school this year than wait a year for your best shot at an MD school, it MIGHT not be too late to apply DO. I don't know when their realistic "you should have your application in by now or wait until next year" date is, which at least with MD schools can be a lot different than the official deadline. It also depends on when, exactly, you will be taking the MCAT. Remember that the score won't get to schools until a month after you take it. I would ask on the DO forum to see when you should realistically have your application in by to have a good shot at admission.

Ok. Thanks for your help!