AMCAS Work/Activities Categorization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WuMedic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's an interesting question-

If an experience fits in two categories, which do you list it in? I did a search of SDN and everything I found said to list medical/clinical if it could go either way, but my case isn't deciding between whether something of med/clin or not.

I received an appointment to serve on my school's judicial board. This counts as both community service (ruling on cases pro bono to better the community) but also as an extra curricular. How would you categorize this?

Members don't see this ad.

Here's an interesting question-

If an experience fits in two categories, which do you list it in? I did a search of SDN and everything I found said to list medical/clinical if it could go either way, but my case isn't deciding between whether something of med/clin or not.

I received an appointment to serve on my school's judicial board. This counts as both community service (ruling on cases pro bono to better the community) but also as an extra curricular. How would you categorize this?
In this specific situation, I would list it under Leadership. Your narrative can make it clear the position is on a voluntary basis.

In general, you would pick categories that make your application the most balanced. If you already have three Leadership categories, then choose Community Service-not medical/clinical.