Amcas work/activities section.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penicillinman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a non traditional applicant and have been out of school for about 10 years now. I have two questions:

1) I am a pharmacist and have had several jobs over the last 10 years ( about 6, two of which where just part time side jobs where I would fill in shifts at other hospitals on my days off). With the limited entries available, do i list all these jobs? I also had at least three different jobs while in college. Would it hurt to leave those out?

2) I have very few extracurriculars after I finished school but I have quite a few from when I was in school. So these activities were done at least, 10-15 years ago. They helped me quite a lot to be who I am now so I feel like I should include these, the problem is that I have no contact details for these other than one of my friends who had done at least a few of these activities with me. For context, these where activities such as volunteering at a nursing home, being involved in student pharmaceutical associations where we organized several community events, participating in local health fairs etc. So would it look bad if I least the same friend for many of these activities ?
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am a non traditional applicant and have been out of school for about 10 years now. I have two questions:

1) I am a pharmacist and have had several jobs over the last 10 years ( about 6, two of which where just part time side jobs where I would fill in shifts at other hospitals on my days off). With the limited entries available, do i list all these jobs? I also had at least three different jobs while in college. Would it hurt to leave those out?

2) I have very few extracurriculars after I finished school but I have quite a few from when I was in school. So these activities were done at least, 10-15 years ago. They helped me quite a lot to be who I am now so I feel like I should include these, the problem is that I have no contact details for these other than one of my friends who had done at least a few of these activities with me. For context, these where activities such as volunteering at a nursing home, being involved in student pharmaceutical associations where we organized several community events, participating in local health fairs etc. So would it look bad if I least the same friend for many of these activities ?
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
For AMCAS schools, see my response to your other post in the Tips thread. For TMDSAS schools, input from @wysdoc would be useful.

For AMCAS schools, see my response to your other post in the Tips thread. For TMDSAS schools, input from @wysdoc would be useful.
@penicillinman I agree you can just list the most recent of your pharmacy jobs and contacts.
The TMDSAS app has an optional essay for non-trads in which you can say more about your path to Med school and mention things that didn’t fit in your other essays.
Since it has been a while since you left HS, the part in TMDSAS app about accounting for all your time between HS and now might be a challenge. You can ask the real staff about how to best do this either in a message on the app, or by joining the closed Facebook Group TMDSAS Non-Traditional Applicants.

Reactions: 1 user