American Board of Professional Neuropsychology (ABN) Boarding Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balmoral

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology (ABN) written exam. I wanted to get feedback from those that have taken the ABN exam and their experience. How long did you study? Any specific materials to focus on?

I appreciate any guidance. I'm starting out with Stucky, Kirkwood, & Donders (It was written for ABCN but I assume the material should be similar to the ABN exam) which is fairly detailed and I hope to build more from there. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know what you think of Stucky et al.'s overview.
I really like it a lot. Even before my application was accepted, I've been using it as a quick reference for various pathologies. It's organized well and gives a nice foundation for populations I don't commonly run across.

For the ABPP Exam I've heard that the Stuckey review is a good starting point, but that you need some more indepth reading. Think Heilman and Valenstein. I need to start my ABPP process soon.
Thanks for the recommendation. Man, I forget how dense these books can be...

The abcn written test isn't hard. Just use the prep materials online.
Can you elaborate on the online prep materials? Are you talking about the BRAIN website? I assume the ABCN and ABN exam are pretty comparable.

For those that have taken the ABCN or ABN exam, how long did you study before taking the exam?