General Admissions & OTCAS American International College Fall 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thuy419

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a phone call from the admissions counselor today and was accepted, I was wondering if anyone else heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I didn't hear back yet ): did you apply for "early admissions"? Are you accepting admission?

Thank you :) They're the only ones I've heard from so far and I applied by the Dec. 1st deadline. I'll be speaking with the advisor to get more info. I'm also curious about the surrounding area and what it's like living there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh nice. I actually did too, but apparently I forgot to turn in a second observation hrs form so I guess I don't get "early admission". what other schools have you applied to? From previous posts I've read it doesn't seem like the school is in a very good/safe area. It's kind of my last resort school :/

I was waitlisted early March. No updates as of yet

Contacted AIC this morning,we should be receiving an update at the end of this month.

Reactions: 1 user
Not me. It's weird cause it's already June. I do keep getting mail asking me to go to their open house though.

I didn't get anything from them either

A friend of mine who also applied to AIC told me that AIC called him last week but he missed the call. He also told me that his application status online has changed but mine still says "submitted" and "all documents received" :/

does anyone have "decision is available" on their application account?

does anyone have "decision is available" on their application account?

Mine also changed to "decision is available" so we should be expecting a decision in the mail this week. My friend told me he just received his acceptance letter in the mail this afternoon so hopefully we all hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, does AIC interview?? Anyone whose decision is available, did you interview with them??

Just received a decision in the mail today. I was placed on their "Tier Two" waitlist.

I'm on the "tier one" waiting list, which according to them, means I will most likely be accepted. However, I will likely decline if I am accepted because I've already chose to attend baypath university.

I'm on Tier Two, too. The waiting game continues!
I believe they are going to be accepting many people off the waitlist since they took so long to send out decisions. Many people might have already accepted offers at other schools since AIC took so long. I have a friend who was just accepted to AIC but he turned down the offer to attend another program.

Last edited:
Hi all, does AIC interview?? Anyone whose decision is available, did you interview with them??

I could've sworn they do, or at least they said they do on their website. However given everyones' responses about being waitlisted and matching tiers and what not, they probably didn't even bother this year.

I could've sworn they do, or at least they said they do on their website. However given everyones' responses about being waitlisted and matching tiers and what not, they probably didn't even bother this year.

Oh wait nvm, no where on their website says that they interview lol anyways good luck to everyone who applied and/or are currently waitlisted. AIC is 3 years with more credits than baypath and do not offer a half time program like baypath does, so I'm sticking with my original decision of BPU. I'm gonna tell them to take me off their waiting list. Good luck!

I got tier two however I am already accepted to another program that I am attending. Good luck

I believe they are going to be accepting many people off the waitlist since they took so long to send out decisions. Many people might have already accepted offers at other schools since AIC took so long. I have a friend who was just accepted to AIC but he turned down the offer to attend another program.
That's what I was hoping for! Good luck to you!

Hey Guys,

I just declined their offer so hopefully that will give one of you my spot! Best of luck :)

Hello All!
Is anyone aware of AIC program start date? and When's the latest that prerequisites should be complete?

I will be declining as well. I don't think this is a very good school/program to go to. Really look into it for those of you who will be attending! Luckily, I got into another school! Good luck everyone! !

I will be declining as well. I don't think this is a very good school/program to go to. Really look into it for those of you who will be attending! Luckily, I got into another school! Good luck everyone! !

May I ask why that you think AIC is not a good program? Not trying to stir anything but I'm just curious. I already emailed them telling that I am attending another program. I think I read somewhere that their board pass rates were not up to par with other schools but that was the only negative thing I heard about them.

Try searching on here for past forums. I've heard bad things about the area and the program itself. I can't remember exactly, but I just remember they didn't have a strong program and a lot of student complained about it. I think it's a sign too when the NBCOT pass rates are low. I was told not to attend programs like that because it means they don't prepare you well for the exams.

i just got a call today saying i was accepted, has anyone been accepted and going?

i just got a call today saying i was accepted, has anyone been accepted and going?

I also received a call today and was told that I was accepted off the waitlist. I will be attending.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who is attending the program? I have seen some bad reviews about it. Do you enjoy being there? Do you feel prepared for boards? I see the graduation rate is fairly low, but that could be due to many things not all the program itself.