AMSA members?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here part of a pre-med AMSA chapter at their school?

Members don't see this ad.

Never was.

Yup, at the University of Florida. We had 600+ members. You needed to be a director to get the most out of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow nice... our chapter has about 100 members but only 40 of us are active. any interesting things you guys do at your chapter?

byeh2004 said:
wow nice... our chapter has about 100 members but only 40 of us are active. any interesting things you guys do at your chapter?

Wow, I really can't even remember all we do. The organizationis split into different committees and each does different activities. I was director of Special Projects committee and we had holiday dinnners at Ronald McDonal House, Homeless shelter, and Wine Dixie Hope Lodge. We also had holiday events at the hospital for pediatric patients. Our two main events were Fall Festival Hollyween Carnival for Children with Diabetes and a Charity Golf Tournament benefitting the Equal Access Clinic, a local free clinic run by select few Pre-Med and Medical students along with physicians that donate their time.

The thing is, that was just my committee and we have like 10 committes (Women in Medicine, Health Oureach etc. To see descriptions go to www.ufpremed.org )

Other major UF Pre Med AMSA events include the Medical College Forum (MCF) (A conference where Med school admissions people come and present their schools and we have workshops for pre-meds) Minority Pre-Med Forum (similar to but geared towards minorities), Health Career Convention (a conference for High Schoolers interested in Medical Careers).

The list goes on and on and on......

If you want more info try contacting jcoola (he is the current president) and a fellow SDNer

Hope that helped a bit

Yep. Just got back from the nat'l convention in DC a few weeks ago.