MD & DO AMSA vs. AMWA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc3094

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was wondering about the differences between AMSA and AMWA. I know that to join AMWA, you have to be female, while AMSA is open to all students. Are there any particular benefits or advantages of joining these organizations? If so, what are they? Is this something that you can list on your resume? I am interested in joining both organizations, but I just want to make sure that it's worth it seeing that a membership fee is required. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! I was wondering about the differences between AMSA and AMWA. I know that to join AMWA, you have to be female, while AMSA is open to all students. Are there any particular benefits or advantages of joining these organizations? If so, what are they? Is this something that you can list on your resume? I am interested in joining both organizations, but I just want to make sure that it's worth it seeing that a membership fee is required. Thanks! :)
You don't have to be a woman to be an AMWA member.

Thanks, I wasn't aware about that. I always assumed that you had to be female to be an AMWA member. Are there any benefits of joining these organization?