About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

anatomy and physiology: hard to memorize????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Pathologist, Dec 4, 2000.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey, I'm a pre-med in my first semester of my first year of college. I'll be taking anat and phys II this coming semester (we can take it in whichever order we want, it's just divided into different systems). I took anat and phys in high school and we did the whole cat thing. How does college anat and phys compare with high school? Is it extremely hard to memorize everything?

Thanks [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Pathologist (edited 12-04-2000).]
  2. jasmineH

jasmineH Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Hey, I never had those classes in high school and I got a "B" in Anatomy and Physiology this past Spring. So if I can do it anyone can. It is alot of memorization in Anatomy but its easier if you understand what all the terms actually mean. In Physiology you really need to understand how the systems work, instead of memorizing.Good Luck..
  3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Removed

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    I had A&P in high school and I have it now in college (3rd year).
    What you need to memorize is really dependant on what the professor wants you to know.
    The Physiology is comprehension. Know WHY and HOW those things happen.
    With the anatomy part...yeah...study study study.
    Alot will be memorization, but again, if you know the physiology, the anatomy flows right along and is easy to remember.

Best of luck to you!

------------------
    Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
    "D.O. Wannabe"

[This message has been edited by JPHazelton (edited 12-04-2000).]