Anatomy Lab Dress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFballerinaDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my undergrad institution which also has a DPT program, the wing where the cadavers are kept are extremely cold. I was wondering what most schools allow students to wear to cadaver anatomy lab. Are students allowed to wear jackets, scrubs, etc? I know some places t-shirt and shorts are the norm, while other places wear scrubs. Does anyone have a strategy for keeping warm while in lab? Thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

We just wore scrubs, but it wasn't extremely cold or anything.

scrubs with a a sweatshirt underneath will be enough

Members don't see this ad :)
I liked to dissect with a ski mask on and tight, black leather gloves. It felt... right.

Scrub-a-dub-dubs! Some wore a lab coat for extra juice protection. When it came to the saw and splattery parts, some used them aprons.

In my program pretty much everyone wore scrubs with a couple people wearing shorts and t-shirts. I think it is fine to wear whatever you want under them to keep warm. Just keep in mind that anything that you wear could get splatter on it. That being said, I wouldn't wear a nice jacket over them. Also everyone pretty much wore old shoes with holes in them because they are going to smell by the end of the semester.

Scrubs. But when I go in on weekends or off class hours, I wear short sleeves or something that I can scrunch or roll up. Cleaning off fat with a sweater on is doable, though highly unadvised. Lab is 10% dissections and 90% cleaning...fat. The group that gets the skinny cadavers are the luckier ones but it may be harder to find smaller muscles and easier to lose arteries/nerves.