Anatomy & Physiology Pre-reqs - 1 year or 1 term?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunchariot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have a question about whether or not I should take the second term of Anatomy and Physiology. Currently, I am enrolled in a summer program where we have a 3 (quarter) credit Anatomy class, 2 credit Anatomy lab, 3 credit Physiology class, and a 2 credit Physiology lab. I have looked through the requirements of most of the schools I am interested in applying to, and it appears that after finishing the classes listed above, I should be in the clear. But, I'm thinking about taking the second term of both classes, but dropping the Physiology lab... 10 credits in 4 weeks is just too much!

If you have any advice, I'd appreciate hearing what you have to say.

Additionally, you might want to know that this summer is my only chance to take these courses, as they are not offered in the town where I live during the normal school year.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

you should be fine with what you have done.

Generally the requirements is 1 year of A&P when it's a combined course (the course being 4 credits, 2 of anatomy and 2 of physio), or one semester of anatomy (4 credits) and one semester of physio (4 credits). You did both of them in one semester, but each course was equivalent to one semester, if that makes sense?

I did what you did and got in :)