Anatomy Quote Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammin06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i realize that my anatomy professors have had some great quotes so far this year, and from talking to friends at other schools, they have had some good ones too. If your prof has any entertaining quotes, please add them here. This can hopefully be some sort of entertainment for those of us suffering through anatomy right now.

Here's one from yesterday:

"The only two skin areas on the body that have fibers directly connecting to the hypothalamus are the nipple and the skin of the perineum. So if you stimulate the nipple, you indirectly stimulate the hypothalamus. But, don't try this in class"

Members don't see this ad.

I bout busted a gut when he said that :) From a lab-mate, and obviously out of context, in the lab: "It just fell off!"

From Dr. S, in lab, "Usually you can see the structure through a hole right here, but the hole's not there... aww hell, we can make a hole!" In plunges the scissor..

After a description of a possible lab practical pinning:
Lab-mate: "It'd be pretty mean to do it like that..."
Dr. S: "Yeah, it would be wouldn't it.." as he walks away chuckling

Also, although it's not a quote, I wish I could post the alien back-scratch video from today..... :)

jammin06 said:
Hey guys,

So i realize that my anatomy professors have had some great quotes so far this year, and from talking to friends at other schools, they have had some good ones too. If your prof has any entertaining quotes, please add them here. This can hopefully be some sort of entertainment for those of us suffering through anatomy right now.

Here's one from yesterday:

"The only two skin areas on the body that have fibers directly connecting to the hypothalamus are the nipple and the skin of the perineum. So if you stimulate the nipple, you indirectly stimulate the hypothalamus. But, don't try this in class"
Hrmm doesn't he mean directly stimulate the hypothalamus if they are directly connected? Maybe i'm just stupid.

Members don't see this ad :)
q: "What does the chorda tympani and the vagina have in common?"

a: "they both provide taste sensation to the anterior 2/3rds of the tongue."

Well, we're just about to get started in the lab this week. Our anatomy prof did come talk to us about etiquette in the lab and what not. My favorite quote from his speech:

"Whenever you have some free time, go into the lab and introduce yourself to your cadaver, if it responds, please let me know ASAP!"

You gotta love the anatomy profs!

To directly stimulate it, you'd need to be rubbing the hypothalamus.