Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Anatomy Quote Board

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by jammin06, 08.09.06.

1. jammin06

jammin06

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey guys,

So i realize that my anatomy professors have had some great quotes so far this year, and from talking to friends at other schools, they have had some good ones too. If your prof has any entertaining quotes, please add them here. This can hopefully be some sort of entertainment for those of us suffering through anatomy right now.

Here's one from yesterday:

"The only two skin areas on the body that have fibers directly connecting to the hypothalamus are the nipple and the skin of the perineum. So if you stimulate the nipple, you indirectly stimulate the hypothalamus. But, don't try this in class"
  2. MattD

MattD Curmudgeon

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I bout busted a gut when he said that :) From a lab-mate, and obviously out of context, in the lab: "It just fell off!"

From Dr. S, in lab, "Usually you can see the structure through a hole right here, but the hole's not there... aww hell, we can make a hole!" In plunges the scissor..

After a description of a possible lab practical pinning:
    Lab-mate: "It'd be pretty mean to do it like that..."
    Dr. S: "Yeah, it would be wouldn't it.." as he walks away chuckling

Also, although it's not a quote, I wish I could post the alien back-scratch video from today..... :)
  3. Jedix123

Jedix123 Senior Member

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hrmm doesn't he mean directly stimulate the hypothalamus if they are directly connected? Maybe i'm just stupid.
  4. ilovestewie

ilovestewie Member

SDN 2+ Year Member
    q: "What does the chorda tympani and the vagina have in common?"

a: "they both provide taste sensation to the anterior 2/3rds of the tongue."
  5. futuremd22283

futuremd22283 Titleist

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Well, we're just about to get started in the lab this week. Our anatomy prof did come talk to us about etiquette in the lab and what not. My favorite quote from his speech:

"Whenever you have some free time, go into the lab and introduce yourself to your cadaver, if it responds, please let me know ASAP!"

You gotta love the anatomy profs!
  6. Nerdoscience

Nerdoscience Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    To directly stimulate it, you'd need to be rubbing the hypothalamus.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal