Anesthesia Incomes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will take private

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As far as I know, it isn't illegal to disclose your income... I guess we could do a completely anonymous poll (e.g. Polljunkie) if people would be interested in this information. Or, this thread dies here if I'm the only one curious about this information.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, it isn't illegal to disclose your income... I guess we could do a completely anonymous poll (e.g. Polljunkie) if people would be interested in this information. Or, this thread dies here if I'm the only one curious about this information.
MGMA and Medscape do a much better job than a little poll on SDN will.

Because of your post, right now a number of fresh grads are already looking up what it takes to practice anesthesia in Canada. :)

If you really want to have this discussion, you'd have a better chance in the private section.

Well I tried but point taken.

As for US grads coming up, note that I'm at the low end of the pay scale. No CRNAs here - all "MD" anesthesia. But recently there's a glut of anesthesia grads without jobs because even with decreased positions available, the universities haven't decreased the number of residency positions because they're needed to run the hospitals - they're cheaper than hiring more staff.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I tried but point taken.

As for US grads coming up, note that I'm at the low end of the pay scale. No CRNAs here - all "MD" anesthesia. But recently there's a glut of anesthesia grads without jobs because even with decreased positions available, the universities haven't decreased the number of residency positions because they're needed to run the hospitals - they're cheaper than hiring more staff.

why are there fewer jobs in Canada w/o no CRNAs? are overall surgery #s decreasing that much?