Anesthesia Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gardens421

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I like many of you have applied for Anesthesia this cycle. I am below average and have been advised to apply broadly. I applied to over 80 Anesthesia programs and many prelim medicine programs as well. As of now, I only have one Anesthesiology Interview and one Pre-Lim Interview. I only have about 6 Anesthesia rejections as of now so most of my programs have not responded.

I just uploaded my Step2CS score this past Wedsnesday, and uploaded my Step2CK 3 weeks ago. I did decent on Step2CK.

Is there anything I could do at this point except simply wait? My School Advisor said interviews come in waves and to hang in there.

Thanks,

Gardens421

Members don't see this ad.

Hang in there. It's still early. You'll likely get offers thru December.

At this point, besides some last minute program additions to ERAS, there's not a lot you can do but wait. Looking at the interview thread can give you an idea of what schools have issued invitations already. That doesn't mean they won't issue more, but you can at least get a feeling for what schools haven't done anything yet. Also look at least year's interview thread to see which school issue invitations late in the cycle.