Anesthesia Recruiters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jay82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm using my own network for my job search but want to expand my options with Anesthesia recruiters.

Please tell me about your experiences with recruiters. Also, please be specific with the Physician recruiter's company. Are there any you recommend?

I'm looking for a private practice job that is nearly equally split between adults vs. Peds.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

They will ignore your stated job desires and specifications and bug the **** out of you.

Reactions: 1 user
Most of them have access to the same jobs you can find on your own on the internet, and they make you less desirable because your future employer will have to pay them for recruiting you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pick an area. Google map this area. Apply all hospitals/groups that come up on google maps. Also look at gaswork. This should be much higher yield than recruiters.

Agree, avoid recruiters. Groups don't want to pay a 10-30k+ premium for you when they can get someone else for free.

Hey guys. I'm using my own network for my job search but want to expand my options with Anesthesia recruiters.

Please tell me about your experiences with recruiters. Also, please be specific with the Physician recruiter's company. Are there any you recommend?

I'm looking for a private practice job that is nearly equally split between adults vs. Peds.

Thanks.
Utterly useless. They never gave me anything that was worth my time. Use your own network and do your own searching.

How did you guys find your jobs?

Found contact information for all the fellows who went through my program in the last 5 years who joined private practices and called them to see if any of their groups were hiring. Found my dream job that way. The runner up job was one that I cold called and sent a CV to.

Last edited:
They found me.

Decide where you want to be. Cold call all the anesthesiology departments in all the hospitals and ask if they have a position coming up. You can easily get a list of hospitals from the internet.

Hell....this thread just help me too. I didn't know this. No wonder my colleagues all come from the same place.