Anesthesiology Medical Missions Within the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIGphysician

Show a little respect would you?
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any medical mission trips within the US? I'd like to make a vacation of it, do some good work, and write it off when taxes come around. I know of a bunch of international trips but none within the US to any area where you'd typically want to vacation. I'm ideally thinking like Hawaii or something along those lines. Please let me know if you all have any suggestions.

Diet Dr. P

Members don't see this ad.

Usually vacation spots in the US are not medically underserved areas that need missions to accomplish a need. Nice try, though.

I know of an anesthesiologist that did some missions with RAM (Remote Area Medical) in rural Virginia. Every year, for about three or four days in July, there is a massive free clinic in Wise, VA, with one of the major attractions being dental. My college roomate is a dentist, and goes there regularly, and he told me of an anesthesiologist that showed up one year, so they were able to do some more complicated extractions than normal (he brought all of his own drugs and gear).

Anyone know of any medical mission trips within the US? I'd like to make a vacation of it, do some good work, and write it off when taxes come around. I know of a bunch of international trips but none within the US to any area where you'd typically want to vacation. I'm ideally thinking like Hawaii or something along those lines. Please let me know if you all have any suggestions.

Diet Dr. P
Every day I show up to work feels like a medical mission. The equipment is lacking and the patients don't pay.

Why would you want to do some more of that on your vacation?

Reactions: 2 users