Anesthesiology: State of Affairs, Entrepreneurship & Being a Competitive Residency Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entrepreneurMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be a MS1 (MD) in a few weeks and I am very interested in anesthesiology as a career. I feel that it is a field that is extremely intellectually challenging, is autonomous (to a certain extent), and has meaning patient contact during extremely stressful periods in someones life. I've read quite a few articles but things are still a bit foggy since I can't get through the bias. I have a few questions regarding the field:

1) What is the current state of the specialty? ( is it on the decline?, what are the expectations of the field?).
2) What factors reflect a competitive and interested applicant? (research? clerkships? away rotations?)
3) What are some examples of entrepreneurship in the field? (Can you open a private practice? consulting work?)
4) What hours do you all work?

Members don't see this ad.

I know you will be in medical school soon but this forum is not intended for premedical questions. Read some of the threads in the FAQ and peruse the forum. Many of your questions have been answered before. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.