Anki and Chrome OS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

RTC19

I have heard wonderful things about Anki here on SDN and wanted to download it to use for memorizing stuff in a few of my classes.

The problem is that it will not run on my Chrome operating system.

Do any of you know of something similar to Anki that is also free and might run on Chrome OS?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an android/iOS device?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can use AnkiWeb in a regular browser once you've set up an account. It's a little less feature-rich than the app or the desktop program, but it'll let you create, search, and review cards. If you have a mobile version, it'll sync with those decks.

If you'd like a detailed getting-started guide, Learning Medicine devotes an entire chapter to setting up Anki and how to make good cards, and also reviews Anki alternatives.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions!

You can use AnkiWeb in a regular browser once you've set up an account. It's a little less feature-rich than the app or the desktop program, but it'll let you create, search, and review cards. If you have a mobile version, it'll sync with those decks.

If you'd like a detailed getting-started guide, Learning Medicine devotes an entire chapter to setting up Anki and how to make good cards, and also reviews Anki alternatives.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions!
If by 'a little less' you mean "a bare-bones, stripped down version."

I would not use Anki as a main study method if I was limited to the web app. It's just not sufficient on its own.