Another 15% cut to 88305 tc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
I am surprised there hasn't been a bigger deal made of the cuts. 15 percent on 88305 tc is going to have consequences. More consolidation, more salaried employees.

2018 sounds like it will be a bloodbath and the end of the few community labs trying to stay afloat, unless something is done about the protecting access to medicare act.

The war is nearing the end, looks like labcorp and quest are going to win.

I am surprised there hasn't been a bigger deal made of the cuts. 15 percent on 88305 tc is going to have consequences. More consolidation, more salaried employees.

2018 sounds like it will be a bloodbath and the end of the few community labs trying to stay afloat, unless something is done about the protecting access to medicare act.

The war is nearing the end, looks like labcorp and quest are going to win.

Why do you think cuts to the technical component will result in more salaried employees? Are most private path groups these days PC only? Or you think hospitals are going to stop making slides in house and then thus send all path out?

They said the source is lab economics. They usually do a good job reporting. However, this is not correct.
The CMS 2017 PFS shows a slight increase in 88305 TC about 1%.

This would be big news if true.
Download the impact tables from CAP or review the webinar on CMS 2017. Someone correct me if I wrong.

News summary:

IHC going back up from big cuts last year. Not all the way back to 2014 levels, however.
CMS did big cuts to flow cytometry fees.

Most of the other fees are the same or very slight increase.

Prostate G codes changes unknown. They won't release until the finial.

I hope that website is wrong and 88305 isn't be cut 15 percent. Seemed fishy to me that I hadn't heard it anywhere else. The guy on that website monitors this site (it appears) so maybe he can explain.

The recent CAP webinar on the fee schedule gives total different information.
I trust the numbers are checked by CAP and they would have of noticed a change of this magnitude.

Last edited:
I found the document filed with the federal register earlier this month with the proposed changes. The only real significant change is to the flow cytometry interpretation codes. Not much else. GI however seems to have taken an across the board hit.

Last edited: