Another case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JackBauERfan

CTU Field Agent
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was watching season 1 of Smallville (superman show for those who don't know) and in one of the episodes, there is a fat sucking person. So, how would you treat someone who had all their fat sucked out of them...instantly. lipo infusion? (of course stabilize vital signs first)

Members don't see this ad.

is it just subQ fat that's gone or is intraabdominal (like perirenal) fat gone too??

JackBauERfan said:
So, I was watching season 1 of Smallville (superman show for those who don't know) and in one of the episodes, there is a fat sucking person. So, how would you treat someone who had all their fat sucked out of them...instantly. lipo infusion? (of course stabilize vital signs first)

Hand them a supermodeling contract, STAT!

Members don't see this ad :)
Telemachus said:
is it just subQ fat that's gone or is intraabdominal (like perirenal) fat gone too??

hmm, her mouth just opens wide like a werewolf and then the body looks all dehydrated. I'm guessing its ALL the fat in the body, since this particular "fat sucker" lost all her fat.

so pretty much NO fat in the body. But the people are still talking and are transferred to the hospital, so I'm guessing all the perirenal fat is still there.

JackBauERfan said:
hmm, her mouth just opens wide like a werewolf and then the body looks all dehydrated. I'm guessing its ALL the fat in the body, since this particular "fat sucker" lost all her fat.

so pretty much NO fat in the body. But the people are still talking and are transferred to the hospital, so I'm guessing all the perirenal fat is still there.

waif models seem to function without much problems. i

Ahh yes, I've treated a patient with this condition while on safari in the deepest reaches of Tuala Kuminya. It is a condition known as Succus Adiposus or, for those who prefer the greek translation Minos Adipuolos. Essentially, these patients require massive transfusions of lipids in the form of carbohydrates or saturated fats. If I recall correctly, our team agressively fed twinkies, and hamburgers for well over three hours before we were forced to start a vanilla milkshake drip. After 8 hours, the patient developed a massive MI and progressed to cardiac arrest, an unfortunate and common side effect of Adipuolos treatment. To this date, there have only been two reported cases. That is, until the Smallville incident, which makes three.

Fattyless McFattypants

NinerNiner999 said:
Ahh yes, I've treated a patient with this condition while on safari in the deepest reaches of Tuala Kuminya. It is a condition known as Succus Adiposus or, for those who prefer the greek translation Minos Adipuolos. Essentially, these patients require massive transfusions of lipids in the form of carbohydrates or saturated fats. If I recall correctly, our team agressively fed twinkies, and hamburgers for well over three hours before we were forced to start a vanilla milkshake drip. After 8 hours, the patient developed a massive MI and progressed to cardiac arrest, an unfortunate and common side effect of Adipuolos treatment. To this date, there have only been two reported cases. That is, until the Smallville incident, which makes three.

Fattyless McFattypants

milkshake drip, hilarious! whats the dosage, just in case it is on the boards somewhere....

also, I've heard of some attendings using oreo cookie smoothies since it contains more chocolate/kg, do others use this too?

by the way I know this thread has really turned for the worse haha.

Interestingly, given the additional three to four years of Smallville that have aired since then, one hypothesis offered to explain the suckage is that the show itself sucked so bad in Season 3 that some kind of time-displacement effect might have reached backward and accelerated the sucking process.

A Gilmore Girls infusion at 3 jokes/min seems to bring people around. For patients unable to tolerate that, I usually just pop Point Break into the DVD player and pray. :D

JackBauERfan said:
milkshake drip, hilarious! whats the dosage, just in case it is on the boards somewhere....

also, I've heard of some attendings using oreo cookie smoothies since it contains more chocolate/kg, do others use this too?

by the way I know this thread has really turned for the worse haha.

Speaking of cookies and B.S. from 9er's institution. Thirty years ago we had a guy shipped over from the eastern shore who had awakened twice unable to move for two hours, then recovered. Turned out both times he had a heaping bowl of Momma's spaghetti right before bed. Sounded a lot like hypokalemic paralysis, so we gave him a glucose load right before bed twice. Nothing.

Then the boss suggested the twenty chocolate chip cookie test to which the patient readily agreed. Like a charm it worked. 2 hours later he wakes up paralyzed and his ST segments dropped to the floor. Case closed. We celebrated with the left over cookies.

That is too funny! Did you know we can still order chocolate chip cookies on the floors? We can also order beer and vodka!

Febrifuge said:
Interestingly, given the additional three to four years of Smallville that have aired since then, one hypothesis offered to explain the suckage is that the show itself sucked so bad in Season 3 that some kind of time-displacement effect might have reached backward and accelerated the sucking process.

A Gilmore Girls infusion at 3 jokes/min seems to bring people around. For patients unable to tolerate that, I usually just pop Point Break into the DVD player and pray. :D

I :love: Gilmore Girls.

NinerNiner999 said:
That is too funny! Did you know we can still order chocolate chip cookies on the floors? We can also order beer and vodka!

Well as I remember the place, if you weren't willing to give out a bunch of spiritus fermenti, you'd need to give out a lot of benzos!