another interfolio question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happygirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I just started with Interfolio and I have some silly questions that I'm sure have already been answered before, but I looked and couldn't find anything.

1) I have already asked all of my references for letters. What is the process now to get these letters uploaded into my account with Interfolio? Do I "Add Document" and email my writers the request form generated by Interfolio even though I've already requested? I'm assuming the "request" is less of a request and more of a way to get the writer linked into my account.
Also, what exactly goes into the request form? I see that there is room for me to type a message to the recipient where I guess I would just explain that I'm using Interfolio to distribute my letters confidentially. Does Interfolio include instructions for the letter writer in the request form? Or do I have to provide instructions to the letter writer on how to upload letter/signature? Aaaand, does the email get sent from my email address that I have on file with Interfolio, or does it look like it's coming from Interfolio? Finally, does clicking on "Request Letter" automatically send it?

2) What does the letter writer have to upload with the letter? I read about some eval form generated by Interfolio?

3) My school has 1 hardcopy letter that I want to forward onto Interfolio. I see there is an option to "add paper document" but will that assume nonconfidentiality? I was planning on providing my school with a stamped envelope addressed to Interfolio, but I didn't know what type of form I need to send with it.

I guess I'm just confused about where to start. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.