Another UNE pre-req thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelilyhammer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a non-trad applying this cycle with only biochem and physics II remaining. I'd planned to take both of these classes in the fall at a local university but, naturally, they only offer these classes smack dab in the middle of normal business hours. I'm a dental assistant at a FQHC and we work M-F with little flexibility, so I'm doubtful I can get the time off twice a week every week to go to these classes. The community college I'd taken some of my other prereqs does not offer biochem and only offers Physics II online, not to mention I'm more or less at the limit for community college credits for my programs of interest.

I know there was some leeway for online credits amidst the pandemic, but does anyone have any recent information on how UNE's online prereqs currently fare in the eyes of admissions committees? They're essentially the perfect solution to my problem right now but I know they are generally frowned upon. I've heard UNE credits don't show up as online classes on transcripts, but anyone that reviews my app/personal statement will know that I am definitely not in Maine.

Hope everyone's applications are coming along well.

Thanks for any insight you have.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m on the same boat with you. I talked to adcom and the dean of my school of interest and they both recommended UNE or UC Berkeley. 1-2 classes at online institutions won’t break the deal especially considering covid.

Thanks for the reply SGT Tooth! That is good to hear. I've emailed several of my programs of interest so I'll update here when I get more info.

It just sort of seems like an archaic rule at this point. I've taken a few online classes in the past and they were no joke! Not to mention you more or less have to teach yourself. I just don't know how people that work full time can make it to in person classes that are held in the middle of a weekday. Obviously, the system is designed for full time students but damn.

I asked the admissions counselor at ASDOH about the anatomy and physiology pre-req and they said they will accept the course taken on UNE Online!