Antipsychotic Comparison Visualizer (World's first)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteCoatWarrior

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am a pharmacy student in my final year of a Doctor of Pharmacy program. I haven't visited this site recently but I use to go here all the time when deciding which University to attend.

Anyway I wanted to give something back to the community. I've been working independently on a project that compares various typical and atypical antipsychotics based on their receptor affinities and associated effects of receptor binding. I think it would be a valuable tool for psychiatrists and those interested in psychopharmacology.

Please let me know what you think. I'm not sure what the rules are about posting links here but the tool is on my website: www.whitecoatwarrior.com It is in the upper right hand corner if you click on Antipsychotic Comparison Visualizer. I hope ya'll find it interesting.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a fine line you're walking by endorsing a product or service. Not sure it's allowed according to our TOS.

Sorry, like I said I am not sure what the linking policy is. I'm not endorsing any product or service however, it is just an academic tool I created to help healthcare professionals and those interested in psychopharmacology. But you are free to remove this post if you think it is over the line, like I stated I just thought it was something that the psychiatric community could benefit from. Thank you for letting me know.

Edit: Just for reference the tool is free to use. That's why I'm not sure how I could be endorsing a product or service. But the moderators would know more about this than me.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i think self-promotion isn't allowed even if it is free

i've seen people asked not to promote their blogs which are free

More ads please. I was actually able to click on something that wasn't an ad, even if it was just barely.

I would love for the VA to be able to use it. A lot of the patients are on antipsychotics and the elderly are quite susceptible to their adverse effects. Unfortunately I don't know why it would be blocked, any ideas what your filter would be. I suspect it's the domain name but there isn't much I can do about that part. You can always access the page from a mobile device. It's more difficult to read but if you have zoom functions it's doable, as long as you've used the tool before and know how it's organized. Let me know if you have any suggestions to make the site accessible from the VA.

I don't use any pop up ads on my site, I find it unprofessional. Usually filters work by domain name, but like I said I can't really do much about it. If you have an IT guy maybe you could ask him casually and he might be able to tell you what's going on. Then if its possible I'll try to fix the issue. Thank you for your interest in the tool though!

Try going through a proxy server. There are a tonne of them on the web if you google 'free proxy server' (personally I find 'hide my ass' to be a good one). The only draw back is some of them will allow you to view pages, but not necessarily interact with them or watch any video content. Either that or just download the Tor browser bundle and try to connect through that - although downloading and running a browser/proxy service most commonly associated with accessing dodgy **** on the deep web might not exactly be smiled upon by the work powers that be.

Use receptor binding affinities with caution... in vitro binding affinity comparisons have been shown to be different from in vivo affinities, suggesting that the in vitro affinity (which is what is usually published) is often misleading...

My algorithm takes that into account as much as possible. It uses receptor data for both in vivo (when available) and in vitro, from multiple resources, with preference given to in vivo. But even with it the data was quite variable. That being said, I think it is as accurate as can be considering the differences between the private and public data available.

Looks like a great reference. Thanks for building and sharing it.

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad some people find it interesting and/or useful. It would have been a lot of work to put into the project if no one used it.