Any 24-26 MCAT with interviews or acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miamiheatfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
link to 27-29 thread? Couldnt find it searching

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 26 with 2 interviews last year. No acceptance.

Still early in the application cycle but I have one interview so far so who knows it's possible

Well - if you have amazing grades or done amazing research or an Olympic althete.... You may have a chance

Haha it may be crazy but people do get in with it each year. Not a lot I understand, and yeah I get that they are "outliers" but people do get in with it. If everything else is great it can be done.

I think the average score for people applying is like a 29. So a lot of people I bet just don't apply if they score so low. They would just retake.

Most that will post acceptance in this thread will be URM and veterans.... 24-26 MCAT will not cut it for the average applicant.

Haha you all are right! Non-average cases can be posted too there's no restrictions.

According to the AAMC, 43,740 applicants had MCAT scores of 26 or below between 2011-2013. Of these, 6,951 were accepted, for a rate of 15.89%.

If you are white, the relevant statistics for 2013 alone are:
6,759 applicants
837 matriculants
12.38% acceptance rate

Sources:
https://www.aamc.org/download/321508/data/2013factstable24.pdf
https://www.aamc.org/download/321518/data/2013factstable25-4.pdf

In sum: retake the MCAT, or withdraw $2000 from your savings account and ceremoniously light it on fire.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the AAMC, 43,740 applicants had MCAT scores of 26 or below between 2011-2013. Of these, 6,951 were accepted, for a rate of 15.89%.

If you are white, the relevant statistics for 2013 alone are:
6,759 applicants
837 matriculants
12.38% acceptance rate

Sources:
https://www.aamc.org/download/321508/data/2013factstable24.pdf
https://www.aamc.org/download/321518/data/2013factstable25-4.pdf

In sum: retake the MCAT, or withdraw $2000 from your savings account and ceremoniously light it on fire.

Or send me the money :)

Seriously, it's just not worth wasting the money.

I had 2 MD interviews last cycle with a 26 MCAT. One waitlist, one acceptance. I'm not URM.

Reactions: 4 users
Well white people with 3.8-4 and 24-26 get in at nearly 40% clip. What's the overall acceptance rate to US MD schools? Pretty damn near 40%

26 MCAT, c3.8, s3.8--hoping for a chance this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Well - if you have amazing grades or done amazing research or an Olympic althete.... You may have a chance
I hope you're kidding about the olympic athlete. At least at my school it wouldn't matter. You can't get in without the academic credentials. Olympic athlete is the sort of thing that sets you apart—assuming you already have the academic credentials.

@Goro- would really appreciate your input. Just got my scores today. Was expecting low 30s as per AAMC FLs. Ended up with a 29 (10 8 11). Would I have a shot at Illinois schools? I live in central Illinois. GPA is 3.76 and I have average ECs and volunteering/shadowing.

I figure it's too late to retake and and apply this cycle.

@Goro- would really appreciate your input. Just got my scores today. Was expecting low 30s as per AAMC FLs. Ended up with a 29 (10 8 11). Would I have a shot at Illinois schools? I live in central Illinois. GPA is 3.76 and I have average ECs and volunteering/shadowing.

Honestly you're fine not sure why you're worried, just apply to a good range of schools

You're competitive for all ILL schools except NW and U Chi. SIU might be doable, depending upon exactly where you're from.

Are you familiar with Centralia, out of curiosity?

That's great news. I'm from Springfield. Does the 8 look very bad? And I haven't heard of Centralia.