Any advice when looking for a new job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1100659

Just wondering if anyone had any useful tips/advice on finding the right one, or stuff to ask that they thought was useful, or red flags to watch out for, etc. Currently looking at new opportunities for an outpatient gig with no call.

any general advice would be great, always open to suggestions since finding the right job is challenging.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're in a state that allows them, avoid/negotiate out any non-compete clauses and FLEE from any admin type people who won't strike them. Always remember that they need you a heck of a lot more than you need them. If you get the feeling that the place doesn't understand that, it might not be a good fit.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some things are learned the hard way for what constitutes a good vs bad job.
I've posted what I can in these forums for what to look for.
The less of a Big Box shop it is, the more likely it well be better, IMO.

I could write a small book on the topic, but my biggest take away would be talk to another doc that works there in the same specialty/type of job as you expect to have for 30 minutes without anyone from administration around for the talk. As much as the honor in the practice of medicine has been attempted to be extinguished by the corporate overlords, I find most doc to doc talks, particularly in the same specialty, are highly honest and helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
The cold calling places is a good idea, i dont have the extrovertedness to do that, lol. maybe I should suck it up. I guess on top of that, I dont know if id like working at any particular place so I wouldnt be sure who to call.

The big box shop thing is dead on. So many places I get that feel, like its all about production. You know usually I dont go off patient reviews but when part of the salary is based off rvus and theres 100 negative reviews on google about the place overcharging, terrible wait times, horrible office staff, etc i take that as a red flag something isnt good.