Any cold-climate-hating individuals in the East Coast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drumstix

Got room for 1 more if you still wanna go to Aspen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if there are current students who hate the cold but are still studying at places like ICO in Chicago where they have (from what I've researched) horrible winters, and how you are doing there? I think ICO sounds like a wonderful school, but the thought of a horrendously cold winter really makes me reconsider, but I didn't want to remove it off of my list just because of the weather. Are any of you from areas that were warm now studying in very cold climates (I mean regions that have harsh winters)? Doesn't have to be Chicago, could be Michigan, Boston, NY, etc. Please let me know how your experience has been there in those places a person from a warm climate now in those colder-winter climates.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a warm West Coaster who just survived my first winter in Chicago at ICO. There are a lot of other folks from California and Florida and Texas and such places here as well. Really, you end up acclimating *gasp* a bit, and yeah it sucks a little bit, but you put on your layers and power on through it. :)

I'm a warm West Coaster who just survived my first winter in Chicago at ICO. There are a lot of other folks from California and Florida and Texas and such places here as well. Really, you end up acclimating *gasp* a bit, and yeah it sucks a little bit, but you put on your layers and power on through it. :)
Thanks! An OD from here told me it was so cold during the winter in Chicago that it stung to breathe! Like, the air hurt to breathe! Have you gone through that at all?

Haha, well on those sorts of days I'm usually wrapping a scarf around my face. It gets super dry when it gets cold out, too, so Chapstick is your friend. All my new Midwestern friends seem to have figured all this out a long time ago, though, so it's just a bit of a learning curve. :)