Any courses taken online separate from undergraduate degree found useful in applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharksarefriends33

Reaction score
I am currently an undergraduate pre-vet student, and I am doing the pre-vet course work at my current school. I was wondering if anyone found any online courses not taken at their respective undergraduate school that was useful in applying for vet school or help them to meet some of the more unique course requirements that only some schools offer.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually almost done taking a medical terminology course through North Central Technical College. Although it was 3 credits, it was completely asynchronous, didn't have a huge time commitment (I'm working FT right now too), and your entire grade is based off of open-book tests and homework. It was also one of the cheaper options (<$300) so it was definitely a score.

I took an animal nutrition course online through NC State because it was something they required but my undergrad didn't offer it, only human nutrition. I enjoyed it, for the most part it was asynchronous but the exams had a timeframe of around a week that they would be available (which worked well for me because it kept me on track better). I'm sure other schools have animal nutrition requirements too, so this may be something to consider if your school doesn't offer it