Any creative pre-med types on here (artists, musicians, etc)??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I play guitar...now more than ever. My best friend back home in the Dom. Rep. plays guitar in a band...I sang for them in a few shows, then I got kicked out of the band :p

Karina

Members don't see this ad.

saffronrain said:
yeah singing, i can do. i love singing bhajans. i'm some sort of bhajan freak. anyway, i can't tell med schools that.. they won't understand. :( haha.. the sitar! wow.. that's awesome! you're my hero. haha :D
Yeah, I only play serious stuff. None of that happy stuff. :D

I play classical piano. Want to learn some jazz but haven't really had time. I played Moog in a rock band. I also do 3D animation and other kinds of graphic art. Did some film festivals and stuff. I really like to act too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also consider myself a gamer and an MTG Wizard.

I do have my own site from scratch, menstruosity.com, where I host my paintings and drawings, some poetry too. I also write my own comics, though I never published them online.

Amorphisgirl said:

Yes!! (waves wildly)

Artist, writer (amateur; sf and fantasy). Professionally, I was a graphic production artist before going back to school.
I have a DeviantArt account (which probably will come down soon, though) at chaosphaere.deviantart.com ; I'm presently preparing some of my art to get displayed at the next s/f convention art show.

I play a little music, not very seriously, but I write songs. I'm self-taught on the piano.

I'm a recovering fantasy gamer ;) [Don't do it much anymore; just don't have the time]

In the noncreative front, have also always been into Eastern philosophy, science fiction and world music.

This is great to see that we're a diverse group of people!! Before coming onto Studentdoctors.net - I thought all premeds, med students and doctors just stood around playing golf.

Creative indeed!

Drawing - graphite, charcoal, & (chalk) pastel
Writing – poetry & short stories
Music – vocal, (marching) bass drum, & trombone; have also flirted with: bagpipe, trumpet, & french horn
Painting – watercolor

I am also fond of other (non-traditional) creative outlets like sewing, embroidery, baking, and graphic design (via Photoshop). I would like to pick up scrimshaw or another sort of carving (particularly in bone or wood) in the future, when I find the time to learn those techniques... like I'll ever find that! :smuggrin: :(

I play guitar for Jem, www.jem-music.net, we tour all over the world right now. I've applied and gotten to med school at Northwestern and USC so far. I really want to be a doctor too, can't decide what to do, freaking out kind of, my friends say both choices are great, but doesn't make the decision any easier.

I used to sing and play the violin but it's hard to go to school, stay in shape, and still find the time for music. I guess this means it's just not important enough to me at this time in my life. I still like to write crappy things in my notebook. I call it my crappy notebook.

I also like to paint alot acrylic and oils. Sometimes I do charcoal or water colors. One thing that made me crazy about the MCAT is that I had to neglect my art so that I could study enough. I painted the day I got pack. Art keeps me sain.

My update:
I have one month until I go on an exchange to Japan. I am:

-taking a knitting class.
-dropping in on a ceramics studio.
-learning how to build indoor water-garden fountains.
(I'm probably also working).

Won't someone please choose me for research, already?! :laugh:

SauciSquirrel said:
Creative indeed!

Drawing - graphite, charcoal, & (chalk) pastel
Writing – poetry & short stories
Music – vocal, (marching) bass drum, & trombone; have also flirted with: bagpipe, trumpet, & french horn
Painting – watercolor

I am also fond of other (non-traditional) creative outlets like sewing, embroidery, baking, and graphic design (via Photoshop). I would like to pick up scrimshaw or another sort of carving (particularly in bone or wood) in the future, when I find the time to learn those techniques... like I'll ever find that! :smuggrin: :(
:laugh: this cracks me up only because i was suspicous that this was kinetic's new account. <i apologize>

i was an art major
sold paintings
some solo exhibitions
worked as a metal sculptors assistant for a while *welding is fun*
was a seamstress for 3 years as a resident on a crafts commune :eek:
i can make jelly ;)
try to play fiddle

just packed up my studio yesterday and put it in storage... kinda sad.

wow, sitars, Moogs, harmoniums, all sorts of instruments. I've always wanted to learn the sitar, but never taken the plunge. :(

I play guitar, harmonica, a little piano, and write songs and poetry. I was in a band in high school, and still have my Rickenbacker 325jl short scale guitar. :love:

We should all form bands in med school. I really miss playing music with other people.

I was also an English/Writing major.

I'm probably a bit older than most of you, I'm 28, but I am working on my masters degree in music which I may or may not finish. Anyhow, I have performed professionaly across the U.S. and in Europe as an operatic/oratorio tenor and I am also a jazz/classical percussionist.

I'd like to imagine that I'm a great writer. However, my imagination just doesn't cut it. In any case, I'm just here to say that..

I HATE ALL OF THOSE WHO CAN DRAW!!! Gar, I lack all skills in this department, no matter how hard I try. My jealousy of those who can translate their thoughts to art on paper in a way that does not cause them incredible embarrassment knows no bounds. Curse you left hand, CURRRRSSEEEE YOUUUUUU!!!

Loco Loki said:
I HATE ALL OF THOSE WHO CAN DRAW!!! ... [C]urse you left hand, CURRRRSSEEEE YOUUUUUU!!!

Don't hate; Appreciate! ;)

mustangsally65 said:
We should all form bands in med school. I really miss playing music with other people.

OMG! Me too? Finally? All of my friends are in bands. I want to play! I also like to talk about music. I know lots of obscure bands, mc's, you don't (or maybe you do?). PM if you want to jam (especially if you are a guy ....who plays.... guitar or drums ;) (um just kidding)