Any docs that use OMM in practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me is it beneficial to use OMM in practice? I know you can bill for it; but is the reimbursement high enough for it to be feasible?

Members don't see this ad.

Psych here, and IMO, if you plan to do OMM, better off doing a cash only private practice. You will have an almost cult following of patients that will stick with you to the grave. Learn it, like it, use it; open own practice.

Reactions: 1 users
Psych here, and IMO, if you plan to do OMM, better off doing a cash only private practice. You will have an almost cult following of patients that will stick with you to the grave. Learn it, like it, use it; open own practice.

So you have OMM follow ups that you charge only cash, while normal follow ups through insurance? or is that not allowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it is an out of network benefit, then you can charge the patient for that OON benefit. But you need to research that beforehand and let the patient know it is OON benefit and what the costs would be.

What I'm talking about is strictly a cash practice, 100% from the start - no insurance. Investigate the DPC, concierge, Retainer, micro practice, etc options.

I’ve shadowed a cash only OMM doc before. $350 an hour and the patients love it. Other docs always refer their patients with chronic pain to him. He does manipulation then gives stretching techniques for the patients to do at home.

I’ve shadowed a cash only OMM doc before. $350 an hour and the patients love it. Other docs always refer their patients with chronic pain to him. He does manipulation then gives stretching techniques for the patients to do at home.

350 an hour??? He must put stuff in his water.